𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 / 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥.

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

kisumi pushed his desk against haru's, confusing [name] as she entered the classroom.

'haru, let's eat together!' he suggested, though haru didn't have an option, the desk was already moved. 'even if you say no, i'm still going ahead,' he added, sealing the deal. [name], eager to make friends, joined kisumi in pushing her desk against theirs to form a larger table.

'haru, let's eat!' asahi declared, drink bottle and lunch in his hands. his smile vanished the moment he saw kisumi's face. 'why are you here?'

'it's fine, let's just eat together,' kisumi reasoned. [name] could picture haru's eyes roll to the back of his head despite his cold exterior.

'shut up. i want to eat with haru,' asahi snapped.

'stop being so picky,' [name] commented, digging into her lunch. as everyone sorted themselves, kisumi asked the 3 about their pasts.

'hey. what elementary school did you go to, asahi?' he asked. in response, asahi shoved his mouth full of food, refusing to speak while eating. 'it wasn't mine,' kisumi noted. 'you went to iwatobi elementary, didn't you, haru? did you go, too, [name]?'

'i just moved here in march,' asahi explained as he swallowed his food. 'so i didn't go to an elementary school near here.'

kisumi's smile brightened, 'hm. so you swam there?'

'yeah, at my old sc. i swam butterfly in the 50 meter and 100 meter races, and the medley relay,' the red-head bragged.

'what's a medley relay?' kisumi asked obliviously.

asahi's pride morphed into frustration. 'it's where 4 people each swim. back, breast, butterfly and freestyle! one after another!' he exclaimed, standing up to demonstrate the strokes for kisumi, simultaneously gaining the attention of the class. 'if you don't know that, then don't butt into our conversation.'

'you explained it even while getting angry,' [name] observed, sipping her juice box.

'you're so kind, asahi!' kisumi added.

asahi's body went rigid. 'well, it's easy enough to explain,' he began, sitting down and resting his hands behind his head. 'i want to participate in a tournament,' he continued, leaning back in his seat. 'but i guess i'd have to swim with a new medley relay team. it'd be nice if i could still do it with the members of my old sc.'