Prologue

"I still can't believe that I of all people, have to babysit you two, children. Why couldn't someone else do it?" A tall, purple-haired girl, named Akira, mutters quietly. She was sitting in a train cabin, her legs crossed and her arms folded over her chest as she had a look of irritation on her face.

The 'children' that she was talking about were both sitting across from her in a train cabin.

The first was a young, teenage boy named Natsu. He has bright pink hair that was very hard to miss and was a handful to deal with. Unfortunately, somehow he always manages to get himself into a lot of trouble no matter what he does. Natsu's magic definitely didn't help either, his fire magic could tend to do quite a bit of damage.

The other was a small, blue cat named Happy, who was Natsu's companion. They had a very special bond and the two of them did everything together. Akira had to admit she found it a little adorable, and she also envied their relationship. Happy also has the ability to use magic, he could form wings on his back and fly in the air. This helped Natsu get around quite easily.

"Urrgghhh... my stomach hurts.." Natsu moans, clutching his abdomen in pain. Sadly for him, Happy was only able to carry one person at a time, so since Akira had come along with them, they were forced to take a train. Which was only bad because Natsu was burdened with a case of motion sickness, due to the nature of his magic. It appeared to be his only weakness at this point.

Happy giggles, patting Natsu's leg with his little paw. "Not too long now, Natsu!"

Akira huffs, smiling slightly. "That's right, we only have about a minute before we arrive at the station."

Natsu just moans and slumps even further into the seat.

Happy patted Natsu's knee one more time before turning to look up at Akira. "Who made you come with us anyway?" He asked curiously.

Akira chuckles. "Erza did. We may be close friends, but even I know not that isn't smart to disobey her."

Happy shivers. "Yeah, good idea..."

It was quiet for a moment before Happy decided to break the silence, mumbling quietly so he wouldn't alert his friend beside him. "Do you think we'll really find Igneel this time?"

Akira sighed, placing her hands into her lap and staring at the blue cat with soft eyes. "I'm not sure, bud." Happy frowned, going back to nibbling on his fish that he had gotten out to eat not too long ago. Akira turned her eyes to gaze out the window after that, deciding to admire the scenery as she waited for the train trip to end.

Not too long after that, there was an announcement over the speakers that they were arriving at their destination, Hargeon Station. Akira stood up, ready to pick up Natsu as she was pretty sure he wasn't going to get up by himself.

They managed to get to the doors before Natsu had to have a break. He slumped to the floor and groaned, his behind sticking up. The sight honestly made Akira chuckle a little.

"Excuse me, sir?" One of the conductors has noticed Natsu and look quite confused.

Happy trotted over to stand in front of Natsu, raising his little paws up as he spoke to him. "We've reached Hargeon, Natsu! Get up! Get up!"

The conductor furrowed his brows, "I-Is he all right?"

Happy spun around, a smile still on his face. "Aye! This always happens to him."

Akira walked over to the man and patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, sir. I can handle him."

The man looked a little apprehensive at first but decided to just go along with it and walked away to check on the other departing passengers.

Letting out a small sigh, Akira turns back to the pink-haired mess still on the ground. "Seriously, Natsu?" She huffed in slight annoyance.

Groaning, Natsu managed to lift his head just enough to look at her. "Never again... I'm never riding a train again..." He barely manages to finish his sentence before he starts to heave again.

Akira narrowed her eyes down at him. "That's what you said last time."

Happy trotted out of the train to the platform. "If our information is correct, the Salamander should be in this town."

The trio, or to be more accurate, Natsu and Happy, were both searching for someone in particular. Natsu's adoptive father, who turned out to be a dragon, named Igneel. One of their friends told them about someone named 'Salamander' that had been spotted in this town, Hargeon so they decided to check it out. Akira, of course, was put on babysitting duty so they wouldn't cause any trouble for suck a simple task.

Akira also stepped out of the train, placing her hands on her hips. "I wonder what we'll end up finding..."

Happy looked back at Natsu who was still on the train but was now hanging out of one of the windows, trying to get some fresh air. "Let's go."

Natsu groans once more. "G-Gimme a minute first..." Akira sighs and crosses her arms once more, turning to look at all the people surrounding them as she waited for him. She could clearly see a large number of them staring and pointing at her 'friend' on the ground, and couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed by the whole situation.

Before any of them knew what was happening, the train horn blew and it had taken off. Spinning around, Akira watches in shock as the train leaves the station with Natsu still inside.

"Help me!" He cries as he's still stuck leaning out the window.

Akira sighs heavily, "I guess we have to go get him now."

"Aye, sir..."