All in a days work

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Hoseok heard as he typed away on his computer, soeting the online files. A process that repeated daily. Weekly. Monthly. Yearly. He hated it. It was dull. Boring. It gave him money though and with this economy, wasn't money the only thing that mattered?

Hoseok sighed and rolled away from his computer. He was finished with his work but an extremely painful headache had formed. Pounding at his head like a heartbeat. Looking at the computer made it worse. He stood and exited his cramped office.

He looked arouns the hallways of the building to be greeted by emptiness. All the employees were basically slaves here. They never dared to stop working. He never really seen any of them have fun or let loose. He didn't understand why people could live so, plainly.

He glanced at a clock on the wall, "I have one more hour until I'm off of work. Or I have an extra hour of relaxation?" It wasn't hard for Hoseok to choose so he returned to his office and grabbed his keys.

He loosened his tie as the door clicked shut behind him. His house felt cold and silent. No one was home but him. Something that wasnt quite suprising. He walked deeper into house, the air around him turning colder. He tossed his keys onto his couch and pulled off his tie.

"Finally I feel a bit more free-," His words were stuck in his throat as he heard a crack in the room behind him. He peered at the mirror on the wall beside him, the door was slightly open. Still swaying a bit like if someone had just moved it. He decided to ignore it. It was probably just the wind, he though as he turned towards the closed window. Or maybe it wasn't a breeze that had slipped in? He inched closer to his television keeping his back turned to the room. It was a small room no other exit. It was only the door that now was closed. Hoseok traced his fingers across the television and finally found what he was looking for. He pressed down on the indented spot next to the top right corner of the television screen and the painting above it flipped open. Inside a stash of his favorite goodies. All loaded.

"Bang," Hoseok said as he turned around to be faced with an armed intruder. "Are you going to pull the trigger?" The gun was pointing at his head, shaking with every word he spoke.

"Of course I am," the intruder said clenhing tighter onto his gun.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit shaken up there. I don't see why though, I'm not harmed. I can't hurt you right now." Hoseok's voice was nice and calm. He wanted to calm the intruder. Make them trust him.

"I know the things you can do. I know just how dangerous you are, you can't fool me!" He started yelling, shajing the gun even more rapidly.

"Woah calm down therw buddy no need to get riled up," he said slowly raising up his hand making it a shape of a gun. He aimed his hand at the intruders head, parallel to the intruder's arm. He locked eyes with him and smiled softly. "Bang," Hoseok said and the intruder immediately panicked giving Hosoek enough time to kick him down and grab a gun from the hidden place behind the painting. He felt the gun's heaviness knowing it had a silencer. He pulled the trigger and the intruder layed still.

Hoseoks heart slowly slowed down as a tear rolled down his cheek. "All in a days work." He reassured himself as he put away the gun and grabbed the mop yet again.