Undying (Whole Book)

• İtfaf edildi My grandmother, Kathy Wagstaff. December 25 - May 21

Undying by Shelby Lyles

Chapter 1: Chrystean

Waves of milk chocolate brown hair fell down her spine and stopped at the base of her lower back. She was beautiful, yet she was the most modest person Chrystean knew. Her crystal blue dress matched her sky blue eyes. Her olive skin provided such a sharp contrast to her outfit that she seemed to be radiating blue with every fluid movement. People said that Chrystean and Noel were the perfect match for each other because of their personalities and their personal appearance, for Chrystean also had shimmering blue eyes and dark brown hair. Tonight was a special night, for it was their year anniversary and Chrystean had planned something special for Noel.

"Where are we going?" Noel questioned

"Somewhere." Chrystean smiled as he slipped the blindfold over her eyes. He led her out onto the sidewalk and down to the park a few blocks away from her house. The park was glowing with Noel's favorite color of Christmas lights: and array of purple and blue. He led her to a fountain with floating crimson hearts decorating the water's icy surface. He slipped off the blindfold and let her take in the scene. Her face said it all. Her eyes were a mosaic of purple, blue, and green as they reflected the lights in the trees. She looked down at the fountain then down to Chrystean, kneeling on one knee, and gasped. He slowly opened the box that was resting on his hand. A sparkling diamond ring lay in the box. Before she could say anything, her favorite singer, Dracula, appeared singing his song, Always.

"Always i swear, I'll be there, Always I swear, I want to be your air, Always." 

"These words describe my love for you Noel. I would do anything for you, even give my life. I promise to slip this ring on your finger and love you for all eternity." Chrystean solemnly sweared. Noel was speechless. She extended her hand to Chrystean saying one vow, “I promise to love you forever and always." 

They danced to Dracula's songs for an eternity. When he finally decided to walk her home it was about 3 in the morning. Chrystean grasped her hand and led her down the street. They were a few blocks away from her house when a familiar car pulled up beside them. Noel barely noticed, but Chrystean was extremely nervous. The driver got out of the car, dressed all in black. He pointed at Noel. "Give me the girl!" the driver screamed in a gruff voice. He pulled a gun out of his pocket, cocked it, and placed his finger on the trigger. Noel screamed. Chrystean had immediately stepped in front of the gun and told the driver, "Shoot me instead because there's no way you are getting her."

Chrystean knew what he was doing. Noel tried to push him out of the way, but he pushed her down. Chrystean counted, "One... two... three."

Chapter 2: Noel

The gunshot rang through her sleeping neighborhood like an alarm clock. She saw his body jolt back with the shock of the bullet. She heard his body slam down on the ground. She saw his body become surrounded by the sticky, warm liquid that had once pulsed through Chrystean's veins. She scrambled over to his life-less body. "No!" she screamed in agony. She felt as though her heart was being ripped from her chest. She knelt over his corpse in denial. She stayed there, weeping, until a neighbor heard her shrieks and dragged her away from her beloved.

3 weeks later

She was dressed in black. She sat down on her purple bed and grabbed one of her blue throw pillows. Quietly, she wept. Quietly, she sobbed. Quietly, she threw every feeling she had experianced for the last 20 days into her pillow. Her mother entered her room and sat down beside her. She gently placed her arms around Noel's shoulders as not to startle her. Noel leaned into her mother's warm and comforting embrace. She wasn't ready for today. She wasn't and hasn't been ready to accept Chrystean's death. His murder occurred 3 weeks ago! This was all happening too fast! She still had nightmares about the shooting, about seeing his life-less body sprawled on the ground, surrounded by his blood.