𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 / 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦.

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

'ah, basketball training is so tiring,' kisumi whined. 'how is the swimming club?'

'normal,' haru replied through a mouthful of food.

'that's all you ever say, haru,' [name] said, glancing at the wild ikuya standing in the corner with his lunchbox, staring out the window, then at the class, then at them, then at the wall and repeat. kisumi also noticed the spinning ikuya. 'ikuya.' 

the boy jumped and a light hue spread across his cheeks, stiffly turning around. 'what?'

sporting a grin, [name] leaned a little closer. 'do you want to eat lunch with us, too?'

ikuya turned his head to the side, avoiding eye contact. 'not really...' as he turned to walk away, he looked at [name] and inwardly cursed at her pout. he looked at haru, who nodded.

'what?' haru asked, observing the blush along ikuya's cheeks and his prolonged stare.

'nothing.'

'let's eat together. i want to talk with you, too, kirishima,' kisumi stated.

'then i guess i have no choice. since you insist.' ikuya's blush deepened when [name] smiled, clapping her hands childishly.

'food, food!' asahi chanted. then he noticed ikuya. 'ah! why are you sitting there?!' he yelled, scaring the girl behind him.

'i can sit wherever i want, can't i?'

'that's my seat!' asahi yelled, stomping his foot.

'asahi. sit here!' kisumi invited, patting his lap.

'are you crazy? what? no!'

kisumi's grin widened. 'or you could share a seat with [name].'

'eh?' [name] frowned slightly, averting her gaze to her food. haru glared at asahi while ikuya rolled his eyes irritably.

'oh, that's a shame. protective brother and boyfriend alert.'

'not dating,' ikuya commented, taking a bite of his rice.

•·················•·················•

'why don't you get along with ikuya?' haru asked as he and natsuya walked down the halls, arms full of items.

natsuya gave haru a strange look then smiled lightly. 'probably because i pushed him away. that's why ikuya has just hated me for 2 years. then again, he seems to be making friends with [name], although he's really trying hard not to care.'

'[name] is my sister,' haru informed. natsuya remained silent as he absorbed the new information. 'but i don't think he hates you.'

the older boy hesitated. 'really?' the moment they reached the end of the hallway, natsuya piled his stuff on top of haru's. 'here. you going to be ok? don't drop it. well, you're a troublesome guy, but i hope we get along from now on. keep an eye on our siblings, ok? see you at the club.'

'ah... thank you.'

natsuya flashed a smile. 'yeah! see ya.'

•·················•·················•

'ikuya, [name], greetings,' natsuya said as the 2 lined up beside their teammates.

ikuya looked at his brother and [name] squeezed his shoulder, prompting him to say something. 'ello.'

'how are you asahi? think you'll be able to swim free again?'

'yes! because [name] suggested the cause might be mental... i went to the library uesterday and borrowed some mental training books,' asahi exclaimed.

'hm. good work. it'd be good if you were able to swim again,' natsuya stated.

'yes! i think i'm ok now!'

'i see.' ikuya gripped [name]'s hand in frustration at natsuya's concern for asahi. 'then i'll leave the first years to you.'

[name] hissed in pain as her chest ached. ikuya quickly released her hand thinking that he hurt her, but when he saw her gripping her swimsuit, his worry grew.

'are you ok?' he asked quietly, standing awkwardly.

[name] tried to breathe in slowly but winced when sharp pain shot through her chest each time she inhaled. 'uh, i should be soon?' her lack of confidence didn't reassure him at all.