~ Prologue ~

The small apartment had boxes that seemed to be stacked like the towering homes around her. Jenifer stepped out of her so called ' room ' into the main room which had the small couches and Tv. She looked around, her mother had been separated from her boyfriend after he had hit her into the head of the bed. Jen sighed, moving in Britain wasn't easy, the crowded streets and homeless men tried to steal some of Jen's things.
She found a window in the living room that was somewhat like a perch, the window was by the washroom yet faced out into the city. Jen sat there, her soft auburn hair shining in the pale daylight. She glanced down at the tiny dots known as people who continued on their walks to many places. The house had the smallest alleyway she had ever seen. She could see the next home had dark curtains that lined every window. It seemed like whoever lived there didn't wish to be seen, as a teenager she didn't seem to mind it, means she didn't have to talk to anyone, yet it kinda made her a bit upset. She couldn't look out the window to talk to someone while her parents worked till she was barely awake. Jen sat there in the window for what felt like ages till she noticed a boy. He had soft blonde hair that almost looked white in the pale light.

He was sitting in the cafe a little bit away from the apartment, she could see him glancing at the window she was at, fiddling with his fingers around the cup of some liquid he had. He seemed to lock eyes with her for a second. She could see a cross around his neck, too religious for her taste. She did adore his eyes though, they gleamed with mystery yet a sweetness no one could taste. Jen stared at him before he gave a waving motion to her and a smile. It wasn't a happy smile, yet it wasn't forced either. Just a smile.

Jen slowly returned the wave, she could feel a tiny smile creep onto her face as he smiled. This smile was a happy one, like he wanted her to know he was looking at her. Jen heard a soft ding, her microwave went off, she got up and headed to the microwave and came back to the window to see the blonde boy was gone.

She was put off by this but continued with her day when she heard a loud thud on the window. It was in the evening, and she could just barely make out a figure on the small balcony of the other home. Or least Jen thought it was a home, she never took notice of it as she was too busy trying to entertain herself. Jen stared out at him, he motioned for her to open the window. Unlike the windows at her old home she could just unlock a latch and push them open.

She slid the latch up and opened the window. She looked at him, he had the same cup in his hand and waved at her ' Hello.' His voice seemed to be slick and sweet like candy. Jen stared at him before murmuring ' Good evening...' She seemed to trail off noticing the large room behind him with rows of long seats, like a church. ' Your a beauty, I wished to make you aware of this.' He whispered gently. Despite the loud engines of the cars or chit chat of the people below, she could hear his words clear as day.

She had to think if it was a joke or not as her outfit was nothing special, a velvet hoodie and some jeans. She wasn't very busty either, she was flat unlike most of the girls in the city. She stared at him before asking ' Is this a joke? If so I applaud how far your going with this.' She nods and went to close the windows yet she stopped when he shook his head. ' I promise you it's not, I had to ask to even be up here to speak with you.' He responded.

She rose a brow surprised a guy would even go that far for her. Then he added ' My dad owns this building, it's a funeral home.' She connected it, that's why he has the cross around his neck. He looked alerted after someone called out ' DANIEL!' He panicked looking at her. She grabbed his hand and pulled him into her house and quickly shut the windows and pulled the curtains over the window.

She panted feeling adrenaline pumping through her as she breathed out and looked at him, Daniel, she supposed that was his name. Was now on his side before sitting up. She noticed he had knocked over a box of her mothers china. That's just, perfect.