Preface // Kitty is a Vampire

My name is Kitty Swan. I'm 16 and I'm the twin sister of Bella Swan. Some people may not believe me when I tell them my story, but I'm hoping you will. See I'm a vampire but I hide the fact that I'm a bloodsucking demon, as some people would say. But I, I just say that yeah, I drink blood, but that's not my fault. I didn't ask for this life, but I might as well make the best of it. And I do. To tell you the truth, I drink human blood. I tried animal blood once, it just didn't suffice like human blood does. I like human blood more than animal blood.

And anyway, this is the story of how I became a vampire...

I walked down the sidewalk, heading home after studying with my nerdy best friend, Ned. I hummed a tune that was stuck in my head as I walked, which was Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez. I suddenly heard rustling and I walked faster, feeling fear creep into my body. Like it knew that whatever made the rustling noises was evil, or whatever.

Then suddenly a shadowy figure was right in front of me and it grabbed a hold of me, and bit my neck, and as the figure did whatever he was doing, I started feeling woozy.

Then the figure pulled away from me and left. I walked as far as I could, trying to get to my house. But I never made it to my house, I found myself in an alleyway.

And that's how I became a vampire. I don't remember much about it, I don't like to think about that night, because of the pain I went through.