Chapter 1

It was a mid summer afternoon at Kali's house, as everyone was playing outside, including the chickens. Kali was sitting down at the table on the porch while watching Teeders, the twins, the chickens and everyone else having fun rolling down the hills of grass. 

Kali then looked down as she was holding one of her favorite childhood books on her lap. Thinking it had been awhile now since the gang's last adventure, along with Ginger and Rocky. 

"Whatcha looking at Kali?" Ann asked, as she and the other teens came over. 

"Oh, just my Shrek book" She replied while showing it to the gang. 

"Oh yeah" Brock said, remembering that adventure. 

"How long has it been?" David asked. 

"I'd say about, two months" Cynthia sounded like she was only guessing. 

"Wow! Really? Gosh!" David and the others were shocked. 

"But you know, the time there is different" Teeders reminded them, since Shrek's world was different from their's. 

"I wish we could go back and see them" Ann sighed, missing the big, green ogre and his friends. 

Everyone then looked down and noticed Kali's crystal started flashing with it's glow around her neck. Kali looked well-informed, knowing what this meant. 

"You guys thinking what i'm thinking?" Kali smirked towards her gang. 

"Oh no!" Cynthia already knew what her adventurous tomboy friend was thinking. And the fashionista didn't like it. 

"Oh yeah!" David was up for whatever awaited the gang. 

"Yay adventure!" The twins cheered. 

"We should take the chickens with us this time" Teeders suggested. 

"Oh yeah. After all, Babs and the others haven't even met Shrek yet" Kali mentioned, since only Rocky, Ginger, and Nobby met Shrek on the first adventure the teens had with the ogre the last time.

The teens then came back over to the plucky birds, who were practicing on their flying. All those months of hard work and with a little help of Kali's crystal's magic, the chickens were finally able to fly on their own. Well... that is all except for Nobby.

"Hi Kali" Ginger greeted, smiling to her favorite human as she and the other chickens saw the group of teens come over. 

"Hey guys" Kali smiled to the chickens before noticing someone was missing, after doing a headcount. 

"Where's your brother?" Kali asked Ginger where Nobby was. 

Just then, everyone turned to the top of the hill when they heard Nobby cry out (like you'd do in a charge). He rushed down the hill, flapping his wings aggressively with all his might, trying to fly. But he tripped and fell, rolling up into a ball and was heading straight for the other chickens. 

"Oh not again!" Fowler groaned. 

Nobby then crashed into the other chickens like they were bowling pins, knocking them all over. The other chickens moaned a little in agony being piled up. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you that Nobby is officially grounded" Bunty announced sarcastically.

"Nobby, what were you doing?" The twins asked as they came to help the young rooster back up on his feet. 

"What did it look like? I was trying to fly" Nobby replied, brushing himself off.  

"I've told you many times, it's not just gonna happen overnight" Kali reminded the young rooster with an overbite. Since even though Kali's crystal was magic, nothing of it never came easy for the gang. (You'd figure after all the mishaps Kali and her friends have had during their adventures).