Chapter 1

"She will be lucky if she she is still alive next month." The doctor told 12 years old Grace father.

Grace knew something was wrong with her, and she knew she was going to die.. matter of fact she wanted to die.

Grace was through with her pain and she wanted it all to stop. She knew she would never be a normal girl because of her condition and no longer wanted to get her hopes up. The only thing she wanted was to be dead so she no longer had to live this life.

She wanted her father to be happy and she felt as if the only way he would ever be happy was if she was no longer here.

Grace was her fathers only worries and she was old enough to know he stressed because of her condition she could not help. Life would've been so much easier for her and her dad if she would hurry up and die.

Sometimes she even thought about doing it herself.

"Well guess what genius? You told me the same bs last month! She is still here isn't she? Stop telling me she is going to die and run some more tests because my daughter is not dying. She can't die."

Greg looked over at his daughter with teary eyes, "You will survive this."'

Grace was not trying to hear anything anybody had to say at this point. She wanted it all to end so she no longer had to deal with this or be a burden on her father.

"Sir I ran as many tests as I could and did a bunch of scans—

"Can you just get out?" My dad asked in a calm tone so he wouldn't raise his blood pressure too much.

The doctor left the room with a disappointed look on his face.

"I just wish I would die already."

"Why would you say that? Huh?" Greg asked his daughter giving her arm a nudge.

"Everything would be so much more simple! You wouldn't have me as a burden in your life.. all you ever do is stress about me and im counting down the days for me to die and.. its depressing. I'm always in pain and I can't remember the last time I was even happy..I just feel like if I wasn't here everyone's lives would be so much easier. I don't want to be here anymore dad." Grace cried and her father cried along with her.

He rubbed the tears coming down her face and was trying his best to stay strong for his daughter but it was hard. Both Grace and her father already suffered enough from when his wife got into a car accident and died 3 years ago. She was the bone that kept the family together during Grace's journey and Greg was having a hard time taking her place.

"You will get through this.. I promise. And your not a burden on me.. I love you and if you were to leave me I don't know what I would do. You make my day just by waking up.. fuck this cancer you can overcome anything this world throws your way. I don't want to hear you speaking like that you hear me? Your not going anywhere. I will be here for you always, and don't ever think you are a burden on me EVER. I would be going even more crazy if you were dead."

Grace tried to believe her dad but it was the hardest thing to do. She faked a smile as he kissed her forehead and she drifted off to sleep hoping she didn't wake up.

Present Day

"Girl just come! Its no sense of staying locked away when you can be out looking for you a man!" Grace friend Sael tried to convince her.

Ever since Grace moved away with her best friend to Atlanta all her friend wanted to do was get her out the house. Her dad no longer communicated with her ever since she moved but sent her money, paid all her bills and medications because of her cancer and she additionally she got money from her grandmother. The only thing her father wanted her to do at this point in life was enjoy it, and the only way he thought she would is to get away from home and from him. He sheltered his daughter so much and the last thing he wanted was for her to live a sad life like she did her last 18 years.