Prolog

The world had never been the same since the beasts took over and enslaved the human population, thereby pronouncing themselves the rules of the world, the top of the food chain. The humans which had not already been captured and used for mating had managed to seek shelter from the wolves, living as barbarians, uncivilized and without the resources which were once available. The majority of the human populations which had managed to escape the beasts lived underground in primitive tunnels, as it was possible to hide their scents from the beasts enhanced sense of smell, these humans were referred to as Mus by the Lupus – also known as the werewolves.

The world now consisted of 3 levels, the lowest which were Mus, which primarily consisted of humans, however, there were wolves among them, the wolves who had so much human blood in them that they could barely be considered wolves anymore, yet they were above unmated humans. The middle level is the mixed wolves, also known as Lupus, together with the willing and mated humans with a mate of a mixed level. The highest being the Lycans, the purest form of wolves and the rarest form, thus them being the rulers of the districts.

All this was what Anelise had been told by her parents before her family had been ripped apart by the beasts. Her mom had been claimed by a mixed wolf, and so had been forced to move the middle level, while her dad had been weighted down by sorrow, unable to care for Anelise nor her younger sister Amelia, and so had left the underground level seeking for salvation – salvation being death, yet no one knew for sure what had happened to him.

And so, we were left on our own, in a world of chaos and misery, living in a world which consisted of a struggle for survival each day – praying to not be found by the beasts. Many say that death is the worst thing which could ever happen; the end of one's world.
I know that is not true, because the worst thing which could ever happen?

Being mated to a beast.