I'll See You Later

This oneshot is based off a one sentence scenario submitted by perriesthirlwall. (sentence is in bold)

Jade

The first time I didn't think much of it. We all have accidents...right?

*Baby, I'm at the restaurant. Is everything okay? You're not usually one to run so late. Please call me as soon as you get this.*

I sigh hitting the send button before sitting back placing my phone down on the table as the waitress comes by and refills my glass of water. "Would you like some warm rolls while you wait?" She asks as she sets a bowl of lemons down beside my glass.

"No thank you. Here..." I reach into my purse and hand her a cash tip for her time. She thanks me as I stand and collect my things before heading out to my car just as my phone starts to vibrate. Leigh-Anne's name flashing across the screen.

"Leigh! Where are you!?" I ask answering on the first ring.

"I'm uh...I'm calling to cancel our date because I'm actually in the ER right now. I'm really sorry."

"What do you mean you're in the ER? What's going on?" I hit the unlock button on my car before climbing in.

"Nothing. I'm fine. I'll meet you at home okay Love."

"Um, I think not." I argue igniting the engine. "I'm on my way to you."

"...I mean, sure, I guess you can come down here, but..."

"Well I'm not asking." I say firmly as buckle my belt. 'Which ER?"

I hear her give a faint sigh as she tells me the name of the hospital before I end the call and rush her way.

Of course, it's crowded. It seems the ER is always crowded, especially on a Sunday with 40% of people not even in need of actual emergency care and 30% wanting a doctor's note to get out of work Monday morning.

"I'm looking for Pinnock, Leigh-Anne Pinnock."

The receptionist looks up at me as if I am an annoyance as she sucks on her teeth and types a few things in on her computer. "And you are?"

"Jade Pinnock, her wife."

She stares at me for a moment then puts her hand up and makes a call asking whomever she is on the phone with if it is okay to send me back and honestly there shouldn't be a reason in the world why it wouldn't be okay. I'm her fucking wife. I'd be the first one back there.

Soon I'm escorted to a small room not far from the waiting area where Leigh is laying on a bed. As soon as she sees me she sits up and removes the breathing mask she has on her face. "Love, I told you that I am fine. Now why would you rush over here?" She asks as she smiles at me, but my lips stay turn down as I approach her side. She opens her arms and pulls me to her in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry I stood you up, forgive me?" She breaths into my hair as I pull away from her.

"Of course baby." I grab her face and kiss her lips lightly. "What happened to you? Why are you here?"

"I had a little fall." She says shrugging as I lift a brow.

"A little fall?"

She nods. "The doctor said I was a bit dehydrated."

"So you passed out!?"

She nods and shrugs.

"That's more than a little fall Leigh."