003 | fear rears it's ugly head.

10:02PM

TERRORIZED SHRIEKS ECHOED throughout the confines of the jeon mansion. mixed in with the symphony of gunshots and slivers of it's owner laughing, yoongi had no time to grasp the situation. not with all the chaos ensuing. hiding alongside a shaking jimin and lamenting seokjin behind the propped up dinner table, yoongi let out a string of curses as it was only a matter of time before—

"you can't hide behind there forever!" the noirette warned with a hint of something that should never be found in a situation like this.

amusement.

taking a quick peek over their shield, yoongi could make out a series of exits, though a specific hallway alongside the wall behind them had been the safest bet he had on them actually escaping the sea of bullets. 'but how the hell can we get there without that fucking brat catchi-'

"yoongi watch out!" jimin screamed, pulling the ravenette down by his hood, saving the yoongi from a narrowly avoided bullet. snapped out of his thoughts, breathless and wide-eyed, yoongi felt his mouth go dry at how close he was to dying. the ravenette couldn't do anything but give jimin a feeble nod as thanks, before composing himself.

"everyone, there's an exit along the wall behind us! but it's in that psycho's range!" yoongi yelled to the rest, his voice muffled by the damage the table's been taking. "but namjoon-" seokjin cried, practically cradling namjoon (who's passed out due to the pain), before a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"i understand but we need to get out of here before this table comes down!" jimin pleaded. "i'll help you get him out of here, but for that to happen—we need to go. now!"

"...i understand." the rosette solemnly agreed, before a fire lit in his eyes as his hands squeezed namjoon's reassuringly. meanwhile with yoongi, hoseok was practically trembling in fear, flinching at each and every shot, while taehyung leaned onto the dinner table in a labored manner. deeply panting with furrowed eyebrows and sweat dripping down his forehead, something looked to be off with the silverette.

"are you listening?!" the ravenette shouted, beyond annoyed at the lack of response. "taehyung!"

"EVERYONE FUCKING RUN!" hoseok yelled out, panic dominating his system and orchestrating his vocal chords. shaking off whatever stupor he had been going through, the silverette snapped out of it at the mahoganette's scream, holding the table up with an increased force.

"just go! i'll find you guys later, so don't turn back!" taehyung yelled, a stressed expression practically painted across his chiseled face. shooting an apologetic glance, jin bowed his head in thanks, before he took namjoon's uninjured arm and gently helped the blonde sit up. with jimin on his other side. the brunette wasted no time and took to supporting the blonde's other side, sending yoongi a nod. along with hoseok scrambling to the rosette's side, they were all ready. "on three," jimin announced.

"3."

"2."

"1."

running sloppily in a symphony of footsteps, hoseok was the first to make it to the exit—it being an opened door that lead to an incredibly large hallway. jin and jimin trailed behind him, their speed slowed a bit due to supporting namjoon. this only left yoongi, who was halfway there.