Home

No set premise.
F/m
Bucky lives at the compound and the team is okay with that.
Established relationship.

Prompt:
"I just noticed Bucky's swagger comes from his metal arm because it's so heavy."

Start—

A week. A whole seven days had passed. He had left on a mission beside his best friend, Captain America, or out of the spangly outfit, Steve.

I wasn't jealous. I was just lonesome. I wasn't an overly social person, so chatting with the other members was far and few in between. Unless he was home, then we both would interact more with the team because well...we were happier.

Unlike the team, we didn't need to speak to catch up with each other. A look or a touch spoke a million words in complete silence. At least between him and I.

Right now, wasn't any different.
Said man had came through the door and gathered himself into the shower. His face spoke of a weeks worth of bad sleep and his clenched jaw spoke of a hard mission.

I got in behind him silently but he knew I was there. 'His back is tight.' I thought as I studied my lover.

He clearly fought hard this mission. The scalding got water poured over both of us. He ran the water through his hair with the release of a sigh, his back still to me. I lathered soap in my hands and ran them down his sides and up around his hips. I tested the muscles in his back and could feel multiple knots. I held back a sigh. The man never took care of himself.

I traced my fingers up his spine and onto his shoulders. They were tighter than the muscles in his back.
'He's stressed too. Did the mission not go well?' I thought.

I touched the edge of his skin where the metal met. The metal that made up his arm was heavy. It caused these knots in his back from him over compensating with his right side. 'I bet his neck aches too.'

I sighed as well, dropping my hands. I rested my forehead against his back and laid a soft kiss between his shoulder blades. He turned. His diamond blue eyes staring back in to my deep green ones.

He kisses me. Just once. But it spoke enough. He had missed me. He was happy to be home.

He had washed up quickly as did I and we exited the shower.

He moved slowly and tensely to our bed.

"Babe?" I asked him. I was the first to break the silence between us this time around. We have a running tally.

"Hmm?" He hummed tiredly as he plopped onto the bed.
"Lay on your stomach." I instructed. With a grunt, he slowly turned and laid down.

I climbed over him and knelt over him, making sure not to put any weight on him. I rubbed his back. Working on the knots I had found earlier.

"I got that one when Steve and I were forcibly separated during the mission." He explained. I smiled.
"It's cute how much you worry." I say as I work it out.
"Was the mission successful?" I pressed onto more tight muscles.

"You know Steve, won't let you go home until the mission is 100% finished." He responds with a humorless laugh. I hummed in response.

"I'm worried about your arm giving you too much grief. When you were...with hydra, did they ever take care of your back?" I felt like I would be up all night working the knots out of his back. I wouldn't mind, I know he needs it. But my worry never ceased.

"Maybe, I don't remember a lot of it." He says honestly.
"I know." I said back working on the next knot.