My Lifes Great.... NOT

Riley's POV
Every story starts with once upon a time or something like that. Not this one.

This is a story about me. More specifically about my life and how my father just left us. Some people say he wanted to touch the stars, shake hands with the universe.

When I was younger, my dad and I did experiments and he made me a really cool fortune teller paper thing only with a heart in the middle.

If I unfold it, it shows a bigger heart. It meant that even though I can't see love, it'll always be there.

My life has been a living hell. People always picking on me, mocking me, making fun of my dad and the disappearance. It hurts me but I try to ignore it. There's one boy who's noticed me and that's Calvin O'Keefe.

I've had a crush on him for a while now and it's amazing how he's so perfect. I've heard people say that his dad yells at him if he doesn't get A's. That's terrible and I feel so bad for him. No boy should have to go through that.

Anyways I woke up by the sound of the thunder crackling outside. I couldn't sleep at all and I was tossing and turning. I saw my paper heart on my blanket and I grabbed it and unfolded it and smiled to myself. I decided to get up and go downstairs to get something to drink. I

come down to see my brother Charles Wallace on the iPad watching the news and boiling milk in the tea kettle.

"Hey Riles" he said.

Hi Charles Wallace" I replied.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked.

No" he replied.

I looked in the kettle.

"That's a lot of milk, Charles Wallace" I said surprised.

"I know" he replied.

"Why didn't you just come up to my room?" I asked.

"Cause I knew you'd be depressed" he said as he smiled.

Sorry let me introduce myself and my brother. My names Riley Juliet Andrews. I'm 15 years old and I live with my mom and my little brother Charles Wallace Andrews.

I have long blonde hair and green eyes like emeralds. My brother, Charles Wallace, he maybe small but he's like a genius at times and he's really sweet but stubborn.

I heard suddenly that the news announce the 4th year anniversary of my fathers disappearance. Like I said before, my dad did a horrible experiment that made him disappear.

Now we have no clue on where he went. I decided to go back upstairs and try going to bed and went to sleep successfully. I woke up the next morning and got on a white Nike crop top and blue ripped jeans and my black Adidas.

I got my backpack and I headed out the door with Charles Wallace. We walked to school and we went our separate ways  to class. I saw people looking at me and whispering comments.

"Oh look it's Riley. Say hi Riley" Veronica said to her group of friends.

"Hi Riley" they said.

"Hi Riley" she said finally.

I just stared at her and went to my locker and saw a note. It said Hope you disappear just like your father. I took the note and ripped it up. I grabbed my books and went to my class. Soon time flew and I was already at my gym class.

Everyone was running around and having fun while I just stood their looking at my locket my dad gave me with a picture of him. Then I heard a small kid voice that I knew right away. Charles Wallace.

"You have a full potential Riley" he said through the fence.

"No no no" I started whispering.

He was embarrassing me and everyone started laughing. Then I heard Veronica's voice.

"I guess it runs in the family" she said.

I was stunned. This bitch had the nerve to say something like that? How rude!

"What did you just say?" I said stunned.

"Your brothers is as crazy as you are" she said.

Suddenly a ball dropped right in front of me at my feet. I picked it up and Veronica turned and started walking away.

"Hey Veronica" I said to her she turned around and I threw the ball at her face causing her to fall on her back.

Suddenly ,Calvin came running over to the scene and just looked at her then me. He just smiled and then I got called to the principals office. Just great.

"Look Riley, you were a top student but now your shutting people out, you can't use your fathers disappearance as an excuse to act out" he said to me.

He was right too. I was so happy but when my father disappeared, I've been sad and upset. I haven't been myself.

I just got up and walked out. I grabbed Charles Wallace and we walked home.

As soon as we got home, I got out of my gym clothes and got into a changed into my jean skirt with black short shorts under it and a pink skinny tight shirt. I got my short baby blue jacket and and my pink converse shoes.

I saw that our dog need a walk so I grabbed the leash and I brought Charles Wallace with me. We walked down a few blocks until we saw a boy who looked familiar and then I knew who it was. Calvin O'Keefe.

He came closer until he got to us. "Hey your that girl who hit Veronica right?" He asked me.

"Yeah" I replied. "Riley. Riley Andrews" I introduced as I held out my hand.

"Calvin. Calvin O'Keefe. Nice to meet you" he said as he shook my hand.

Nice to meet you too" I replied.

"So who's this young man?" He asked looking at my brother.

"This is Charles Wallace. Charles Wallace, Calvin O'Keefe" I said.

"Pleasure to meet you sir" Charles said as he shook Calvin's hand.

We kept walking and me and Calvin talked but we noticed that Charles Wallace went into a old house so we went to stop him.

As we entered the house we were greeted by a lady who was sitting in a chair.

"Who are you" I asked.

"I am Ms Who" she said.

All I asked myself was: what the hell did I get myself into?