Timebaby one shot

The doctor starred at the tiny baby he held in his hands, swaddled in a TARDIS blue blanket. She was cooing and smiling and doing the adorable things babies did. Only a couple days old and yet she looked as if she were a couple weeks. The TARDIS must have some sort of effect on the age and maturity level of his child, he thought to himself. His daughter nuzzled into his chest as he held her and she began to fall asleep. Her golden curls were just like her mothers, and she had his big awkward ears. Her eyes sparkled at every moment, like a million stars in the sky. River had wanted to stay by her side every moment, insisted on doing everything: changing diapers, feeding, dressing, washing... She never wanted to leave her. Finally the doctor had convinced her to get some sleep, so that she could relax and he could finally get some time alone with his daughter. She was a little miracle, their little daughter. Not fully timelord, yet not fully human either. There was no one like her, she was completely one of a kind. And she was his. The perfect little bundle of joy was his. He teared up just thinking about all the important moments he would celebrate with his family. Her first word, first step, first birthday, first trip to a different galaxy, first lesson on driving the TARDIS... He felt so lucky to be able to share those moments with his beautiful wife. River had gone through a difficult pregnancy, difficult delivery with multiple complications, she deserved an easier journey, but it seemed the stars weren't aligned for her. Or at least they weren't then. She seemed so happy now, crying tears of joy everyday, constantly holding and hugging her child, she hadn't stopped smiling, not even for a moment. And it made him happy. The baby was no asleep in her fathers arms. Her chest rose and fell with every breath. Sometimes her lips would move as if she were talking in her sleep. She even smiled once. What was she dreaming about? It could have been traveling to different planets, or going on insane adventures with her mother in the future. The possibilities were absolutely infinite. She would grow up and be able to do anything she wanted. She could choose to make a life for herself in a village in the 17th century, or in New New York becoming a doctor in the greatest hospital in the universe, or of course she could travel just like her parents. A quiet creak interrupted the doctors train of thought. He turned his head to see river walking into the space themed nursery, her hair up, wearing a white tshirt and loose grey pants. She smiled when he met her gaze and she made her way over to him, next to the baby's cot.

"How's my little girl?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him on the cheek.

"She is perfect. Fell asleep again without a problem," he answered grinning.

"How long was I asleep?" She asked.

"I would say at least 4 hours, but you know... Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey." He answered. She laughed quietly, not to wake the baby of course.

"May I hold her?" She asked hopefully.

"Oi! You've had her to yourself for quite a long time!" The doctor said teasingly.

"Well you've had her for 4 hours straight!" She said.

"I can't believe we are fighting over who should hold her," he said with a laugh. River smiled and nodded. She hugged her husband and they did not speak, savouring their little, happy, peaceful, moment.