prologue

In a world where destiny makes it easier for you to find your true love, you'll say, 'How hard can this be?'.  Well, that's where you've got it wrong.

I'm Alechis Dubree, people call me, Alechis. Basically, my first name is also my nickname.   I am named after my grandfather Alexander and his wife, Rinches. Whoever named my grandma, I will never know.

It's kind of the futurific or old vintage name.

Moving on from my grandma and where she got her name, I'm going to tell you about my soulmate, and how does this destiny thing work.

Well, whatever it's called, my mom used to tell me this thing about soulmates, also like the myth red string of fate. Wherein each person born has another person's soul tied with.

Meaning, lil ten year old Alechis Dubree had hoped for her soulmate to be as dashing as prince charming. Ever since my Mom had told me that I'd meet a person I'll fall inlove with, I haven't stopped imagining what he would be like.

Would he be everything I'd want him to be?

Then, few years later, a seventeen year old Alechis, full of hope and curiosity, met him. After years and years of waiting, I have finally met him.

I was a Junior back then, and that moment I've met him wasn't what I've ever expected, no, not that kind of romantic shenanigans.

He was new to school, rumours were spreading like wildfire, just like any transfer student, everyone would already know him at lunch period. And man, they were right, he sure was hot. Not only hot, God, he was handsome. It was like the heavens were gifting me for all the good things I've tried to do in my lifetime.

At that time, I hadn't known that he would be my soulmate, I was pretty oblivious and little did I know that on that day, he would break my heart.

Yes, I got my heart broken on the first time I've met him. I knew it was him, he knew it too. Just like my mom had told me, there would be signs. Like a name would appear on your hand when you were close to him.

He had it, I saw them with my own eyes. The only problem was, he wasn't happy about it.

I could still remember his words, panting and tired from him dragging me earlier, we were on the janitor's closet. All squished up, thinking it could have been more romantic, but, as I've already told you, I've got my heart broken the first time I've met him.

You know what he told me? "No one should know about this, I'm gay. It could never happen", and with that, he left me in the janitor's closet with crushed dreams.

All those years of anticipation and daydreams, and there he was, he killed it.

Therefore, ladies and gentlemen, my soulmate is gay.