Airplane Conversations

~~~ Otto's POV ~~~

I awoke to someone kicking my leg, still dark outside. I rolled over and saw my pastel beauty moving around, still asleep in bed next to me. I smiled, remembering the prior night, and stood up. I retrieved my robe from where it hung on the closet door, and proceeded to wobble down the stairs, still tired, and a bit sore. I nearly tripped over a cat as I neared the bottom step, and cursed at it quietly, but still fiercely.

I moseyed over to the kitchen, deciding to wake my partner with the smell of fresh french toast. I got out all the ingredients, but then heard a loud thud outside. 'Oh no!' I thought. 'Did I leave the dog outside again!?' I hustled to the door, but just as I placed my hand on the knob, an excited poodle ran to me, panting as he arrived. 'So what's outside?' I thought. I opened the door, but saw nothing. Maybe I was just imagining it.

~~~~ Awsten's POV ~~~~

My eyes fluttered open, lids still heavy. I began to sit up and stretch, but, as I do every morning, hit my head. I keep forgetting how fucking low the new beams are. I crawled on my hands and knees out of my little nest and stood to stretch. It was quite chilly, and I could hear birds chirping from where I stood. I looked in the window, another part of my daily routine. Normally, I saw nothing worthy of noting, but today was different. I smiled at what I saw, and lingered at the window for much longer than usual.

Otto was gorgeous! I beamed at my band mate through the glass for a minute or so, thinking about how things could be, but then he turned and began walking in my direction. "Shit!" I whispered, hoping he hadn't seen me. I dropped to the ground and crawled back under his porch, just in time. I looked up through the cracks in the wooden boards to see the fabulous Otto Wood open the door and step out onto the porch. The sun had begun rising just before, and I liked to think I had watched the sunrise with my dearest Otto that morning. Of course, he never knew I was there, but it was still special to me.

"Hello?" Otto called. Did he know where I was? I wanted to answer back, but decided against it. Good judgment on my part, as Otto then went back inside, satisfied that there was no one there. As soon as I heard the door close, I whispered "I was hiding under your porch because I love you.." wishing I could tell him the truth. Tears rolled down my face remembering that I had been here for weeks, with no progress. Otto still loved his girlfriend.. and there was nothing I could do.