You're a dumbass, but you're my dumbass anyways

The boy was only three when he was brought into the orphanage. His parents had dropped him off on the doorstop and knocked on the door once before leaving. The boy can't remember how long he watched the clouds in the sky move by until an adult opened the door with a gasp and took him in his arms.

There was no note on the boy, he was only clothed in a cotton shirt and pants but no shoes. He had no use for them anyways, his feet never worked how he wanted them to. The adult had held him gently and cleaned him up before putting him down on the carpet next to another boy.

The boy discovered that he liked the carpet very much. It was soft and nice to lay on and he hasn't felt anything like this for a very long time. He fell asleep in minutes.

Time went by after that, the boy was soon accepted into the orphanage and the people who worked there worked hard to find a way for the boy to walk again. By the time the boy turned five, (he didn't know when his actual birthday was but he assumed it would be the day he was left here) he took his first steps on a pair of machines that they put on his legs.

He only managed three steps before falling down.

When the boy turned seven, he was a pro at walking using the legs (which were called exoskeletons, as he found out) even if it was still a bit shaky. But Ms. Jane said that it was normal, so he didn't worry. He just enjoyed the feeling of running around in the garden they had.

When the boy was eight, he found the name he wanted to be called. Ms. Jane had given him a book on animals for his birthday and he found the most amazing bird ever. Its head was white and beak yellow, while there rest of the feathers were a beautiful shade of brown. He loved it.

When the boy was eight, he asked his first request since coming here five years ago. His name would be Eagle, just like the bird he saw in the book. Ms. Jane smiled and nodded along, which made Eagle smile back happily.

Eagle adapted to his life there at the orphanage. He followed the rules and never got into trouble. He was a model kid. But even then, no one would adopt him. It may have been because of his legs or his attitude, Eagle didn't care because he wasn't the only one to be rejected time and time again... Which brought up the topic of Roland, the only boy who has been here longer than Eagle has and has yet to leave.

Roland, Eagle noted, was a troublemaker. He picked fights with the older kids who come by to bully the other kids and often snaps at the younger ones. Almost everyone was afraid of him, no one wanted to make him angry and always steered clear of him. Well, everyone except Eagle.

Eagle hated they guy. He was so annoying and rash, and he always causes trouble for everyone. Eagle had voiced his worries to Ms. Jane but she only shook her head and patted his head.

"You'll see one day and understand why, Eagle," She has said.

And Eagle did see, in the end. When he was thirteen, he was walking back home from school and that's when his legs decided to give out under him, causing him to fall on someone by accident. Because of his luck, it just so happened to be Chris Andrews, one of the meaner jerks who come to make fun of the people in the orphanage.

"Watch where you're going, asshole!" Chris yelled and lifted Eagle up by his shirt, "Don't you have any control of your legs? Oh wait, you don't." His lackeys behinds chortled and snorted at his lame attempt to insult Eagle and because Eagle has a very short temper and no sense of self perseverance, he swung one of his legs to kick Chris right in the nuts.

"How's that for control?" He spat, right before Chris threw him onto the ground while groaning about the pain down under. His lackeys came up to Eagle with the ugliest look that Eagle has ever saw on their faces and began to kick him in the ribs.