temporary.

let's go back to the good days

✰。

faint vanilla lingers the room that has not been opened in sixteen years. what happened to the good old days where we would always speak of secrets and laugh at jokes, in this room. there are still pictures of memories when we were younger, that we put up the day we officially made this room ours. my favourite picture carries the memory of the time at camp when you told me you liked me. i remember feeling so pure as the waves hit the shore, the sun setting but still reflecting its light on the water making it look like crystals. i miss those days with you. why don't good things last. why do good things manipulate you into thinking they will last forever. maybe it's the lack of realization that it will all end soon because you're too caught up in the moment. you become selfish with the thought of good things are meant for you. though, you see, i thought things would last forever with you. i still can't believe the day has come where good things ceased but i'm learning to accept it. i'm learning to fall in love with life again. i'm learning love the smell of vanilla again. i'm learning to fill the space you once took with self love and care. i'm learning to accept the certainty that you are forever gone and i am okay with that. because at least now you have the peace that i couldn't give you. if it means that, in order for you to find peace, you have to go, i am content with that. though i will always know that when night calls and the shimmering stars scatter across the navy blue sky, you know that i am truly sorry and that i will always love you.