History

I was kidnapped when I was 5. Or that's what i believed. I was kidnapped by my dad. After my mom died he went a little crazy, he became an alcoholic, he started doing drugs. With all of that going on, he was losing his mind. He became obsessed with young girls. So he staged a kidnapping. I was on my way to school, it was the 1st day of kindergarten, which was my 1st day of school overall. My dad had my uncle drop me off then my dad came and kidnapped me. He didn't want anyone to know that he would be doing this, or even the slightest chance of it getting out there so he did it to his daughter. But, that was 13 years ago. I hardly remember it. I hardly remember anything. I don't have many memories, i can't remember how to walk fully, i never got the chance to learn to dance or sing. Or to hear jokes or to laugh. I don't even remember what I look like. My name doesn't even sound familiar to me. When my dad calls out Catharine, it doesn't even sound like he's calling to me. I think that i'm going to be here much longer. I may die, which would be the best thing that would happen to me. My dad has raped me several times everyday. At age 12 i got pregnant and lost the baby when i got sick with pneumonia. Then i got pregnant at 14 and my dad knew that the baby couldn't be born so he beat me until it died. He's done that to me 6 times. I think I've gone barren. I haven't gotten pregnant in 2 years. I've lost the chance to have a baby of my own. But, who would want a dead grandmother, a grandfather who rapes and kills, and a mother who can't defend herself. I've tried escaping so many times. And I've never made it out of the basement. I had 1 last try left in me. Which I was trying today. Every 4 days the mail man comes. It takes my dad about 204 seconds to get to the mailbox at the street, than he talks to the mailman about the latest games. So i have a total of 508 seconds to get to the backdoor. Which is a little under 9 minutes. It takes me about 6 minutes to get to the top of the stairs from here, then about 2 minutes to get across the house and not be spotted on a camera alarm thing.

A few hours passed and i heard him open the front door. This was my last try. I counted as i un-handcuffed myself. I had about 4 minutes left. I ran as fast as I could and got to the top of the stairs. I got across the house and I had just a little while left to get out of the door. I saw the door, it was unlocked. Am i gonna make it? I ran. I ran for my life. I through the door open and the light beams hit me. I felt the vitamin D sinking into my skin. The warmth I haven't felt in 13 years. I saw a road. And I ran as fast as I could to it. I made it to the road and this car comes fast around the curve and stops right in front of me.

"Are you okay??" This guy asks me as he jumps out of his car and runs towards me.

"I need to get away from here now." I said as i kept looking back. I saw my dad walk out the door. I ran to the guys car and got in it. He followed and got in.

"Are you okay?? What's going on?" He said full of concern.

"Drive!! Just drive!" AT that he started flying down the road. I looked back and saw my dad kick a rock across the road. I started crying. "I did it. I actually did it." I said and then I remembered that I was in a car with a very confused stranger."

"Who are you? Where are we going?" He asked confused.

"My name is Catharine Baker. I-" I was saying when he interrupted me.

" Wait Catharine Baker, your the girl who went missing like 15 years ago." He said as he pushed his hair back on his head.

"13 but yeah. And after all of those years I got out. I actually got out." I said as i smiled and leaned back.

"You look like your hurt. I'm gonna take you to the hospital." he said and slowed down as he pulled into a parking lot.