about

siderism (n.): belief that the stars influence human affairs.

❝O Romeo Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?❞

❝I'm right here.❞

❝Don't you even have an inkling of understanding on Shakespearean language?❞ Amelia stared at him with an incredulous look of disdain upon her face. How could someone who had studied Romeo and Juliet in school not be aware of the actual interpretation of the word wherefore? Is it that hard to at least look at the Cliffnotes or something? God, what were people actually doing in freshman English class nowadays?

❝No, not really.❞

God help me, she thought, shaking her head in disapproval.

∘∘∘

As her senior year comes to a close, ultra-feminist theater extraordinaire Amelia Delaney Windham wishes to go out with a graceful bow in her final stage production at Waverly Prep.

The only problem: this year's play is Romeo and Juliet.

Worst of all, she's stuck playing doe-eyed Juliet, with a Romeo whom she passionately despises more than the play itself. (The feeling is rather mutual.)

Another possible problem: she may or may not be falling in love with her best friend.

© janeyres 2014

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from janeyres (Sara).

(basically just... don't steal my stuff or i will sincerely incinerate you)

-

[a/n]

i am also trying to encorporate elisa's femininity challenge into this as well because i absolutely loved some of the prompts (and elisa is just all-around fabulous), but i really wanted to write about shakespeare's play in a humorously modern way as the idea just clicked in my head really well and i thought, what the hell, i'll do it.