005 | withering bonds.

SELECTED CHOICE:
b) the basement off the side of side b's building. it'll kill some time, but may prove to be the safest route.

12:31PM

"over there!" yoongi shouted, the words leaving his mouth before he had a chance of comprehending them. panicked ebony orbs swirled with fear and a twinge of relief as the met what looked to be the entrance to side b of the jeon mansion.

footsteps grew louder and uncoordinated, though it wasn't like anyone cared—with a deafening explosion of smoke, snarls, and yells outmatching them. "yoongi! we have to stop somewhere soon, namjoon doesn't look alright!" jimin cried out, readjusting his hold on namjoon—who had dimmed eyes and a sheen layer of sweat on his face. teary eyed and past the line of being worried, jin muttered mantras of the blonde's name in a poor attempt at keeping him conscious.

"in there!" yoongi yelled, the pressure of namjoon's situation piling onto his shoulders. leading the group (if you didn't count hoseok practically being glued to his side in fear) to the building's backdoor, he let out a string of curses.

"locked..." hoseok uttered, his voice hitching and trailing off due to the near insane amounts of fear tagged along to the fact the door was shut. gripping t they needed to do something fast, or else jeongguk was going to catch up in no time.

"how about kicking the door down? we could all just run like hell?" jimin suggested, much to jin's dismay. "we can't do any kind of running when namjoon's like this!"

"then how about hiding in the forest?! anything?!" hoseok shrieked, beads of sweat shooting down the sides of his face as the reality of their situation dawned upon him. though unlike hoseok, who had been hellbent on going into the forest, yoongi caught a glimpse that changed his mind about the extent of madness within the jeon mansion.

'shit...you mean to tell me he's even got—...in the forest?' the ravenette stressed, his eyes widening as a jolt of fear wrecked his body. however it was then that he came across another option.

"we can't go in the damn forest!" the ravenette announced, gritting his teeth in absolute hatred at a specific noirette that came to mind. his words served looks of confusion of jimin and jin's face, something close to betrayal on hoseok's. "but!" yoongi continued, running a brusied set of fingers through silky black bangs, before pointing to what looked to be a small structure along the side of the building. a downwards shed that potentially led to the mansion's storage room—a perfect hiding place at the cost of wasted time. running over and swinging the handles open, yoongi looked back to the group of four.

"we can get in there, quick!"

12:45PM

"i think the coast's clear...we could rest up here for a bit." jimin called out, as he handed namjoon over to jin. raising an arm to sooth his tense shoulders, the brunette took a second to eye their surroundings. what looked to be a basement, racked on all sides with shelves and compartments alike containing all sorts of canned goods. it was then that jimin realized how hungry he was, biting and licking his lips as he eyed several fruit containers with a starved gaze. however the events prior to them getting to this 'safe zone' chased that desire away.

"that's a relief...and yoongi, what you did back there was smart thinking. thanks for having my back." namjoon brought up, shooting a look of gratitude towards the raventte.