Joe Santagato

Joe Santagato

Today at work there's a new girl, guess who got assigned to help her? Me, of course. My boss is gonna kill me, I'm already thirty minutes late and I still have to walk a few blocks to the Elite Daily headquarters. By the time I reach my job I'm sweaty and gross from the walk. As soon as I walk in I see the trainee. She looks annoyed with her arms crossed over her tits, which are nice.

"You're a real asshole, you know that. You definitely live up to your name, Joe "The Asshole" Santagato." By the time she finishes her sentence, I already know that I don't like her.

"Hey! What did I do? I've known you for less than fifteen seconds and you already assume I'm a dick. I mean I am, but at least know me, then I give you permission to hate me." This always happens, everyone thinks I'm a douche bag, I haven't done anything, yet, that is.

"You're late, which means I can't clock in, cutting into my hours. I can't afford to get any less hours." She groans, "I'm Charlotte by the way." She huffs out, she's stressed, which I completely understand but no need to be a bitch.

"Joe." I reply. I teach her to sign in and out and she has a growing chip on her shoulder. She's hot but her personality makes her so fucking ugly. She's so rude. I try to crack a joke and she rolls her deep green eyes and flicks her light brown hair. She's a bitch. She's a hot bitch.

"So why were you late anyway?" She says attitude and curiosity seeping into her voice.

"Train problems." I say simply, treating her how she treats me, and she rolls her eyes again. I can't help but wonder if they're loose in her skull.

"Oh. Well. My shift is over. Can you show me how to sign out again?" I show her how and after a few times she still doesn't understand, I end up doing it for her.

"You're welcome." I say sarcastically because she doesn't seem appreciative of my act of kindness.

"Oh, you're such a fucking doll!!" She exclaims raising her hands. She picks up her leather jacket and shrugs it on. Without another word she walks out of the place. Her hips sway effortlessly and I'm impressed, she's still a fucking bitch though. And of course I'm her coach for as long as it takes for her to get the gist of what to do. I just hope that tomorrow isn't as shitty.

When I get home Keith is waiting on the couch with a beer in his hand.

"Yeah, how was that trainer girl?" I had told him that I had to help a girl with the job last night and he was just anxious to know if she was hot or not.

"Yes she was hot, yes she was a bitch." I say as I reach into the fridge and pull out a beer too. The alcohol helps erase the irritation that developed over the day.

"What'd you do to piss her off?" He asks sipping the beer.

"I don't know. She just assumes I'm an asshole." I mutter.

"You kinda are." Keith laughs and I smile even though it hurts. No one knows the real me. I take another sip of the beer trying to calm down from the way the fact that people just assume that I'm an ass. I wanna be who I really am, I obviously like to get drunk and party and fuck girls but there's more than that.

"Hey, I'm gonna turn in early." I say to Keith and he sighs.

"You haven't even finished your first drink! C'mon, don't be a prude Joe." He exclaims and rolls his eyes.

"I'm mad tired though." I groan and he shrugs. I'm so tired, not physically but tired about the rumors. I always feel like I need to live up to my name Joe "The Asshole" Santagato, I honestly do, but I want people to know that I care about others too. I lie on my bed and plug in my phone. I check my interactions. I see a follow from someone named Charlotte Summers. I look at her profile, she has 8,000 followers and I don't know why, but I follow her back anyway, despite the fact that she's a bitch. I look at her profile picture and I stifle a moan. She looks so hot, her eyes look like they're glowing and her boobs are so cute. They aren't huge or big but they're still hot. I view her last tweet and I smile:

"@CharlotteSummers: Joe isn't so bad, tomorrow I'll form a real opinion."

Girls are so confusing, she treated me like shit but she doesn't think I'm that bad? That's bullshit.

I close my eyes and can't help but wonder what tomorrow could be like. Why am I actually eager to talk to her? It's not like she's good at her job or anything.

-

To make sure I'm not late again I wake up earlier than usual, Keith is still passed out and the only person awake is Shannon.

"Hey Shann." I say and I grab the milk out of the fridge pouring myself a glass.

"Hey." She looks up from her magazine and smiles.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask and she nods, "How do I show people that I'm not a dick? Like a girl."

"O-o-ohhh Joey's got a little crush?" She laughs and I shrug.

"Not a crush, I just want her to know that I'm more than a drunk asshole,"

"I knew you were sensitive somewhere between the part of you that hates everyone." She says sarcastically.

"I don't really like her, she kinda hates me." I confess.

"Do something for her. Get her a drink, like a coffee," She checks her phone, "You have enough time." I walk quickly to my room .

"Hey, thanks Shann." She smiles and I nod. I throw on a shirt, I make sure it's not the one where there's a hot girl in a crop top on it. That would hurt whatever in trying to prove. What am I trying to prove? That I'm not a fuck head, by being a softy?

I run out of the house and walk quickly to Starbucks, I don't even like Starbucks but from her Instagram feed, she does.

But what would she want? I just end up getting her a vanilla frappe. When I walk into the Headquarters Charlotte is sitting at her desk.

"How long have you been waiting here?" I mumble/ask, wondering what she'll think if I'm late again.

"Only a few minutes." She smiles a little, the first time she didn't act like she wanted me to kill myself.

"I got you this." I hold out the drink to her and she reached out reluctantly.

"What did you put in it?" She examines the cup closely.

"Nothing."

"Hey, I'm sorry I was such a bitch yesterday, I kinda think you're a fucking dick but thank you." She smiles and my heart races.

It's almost half way through our shift and we laugh a lot as we edit our videos, pausing at ugly faces and photo shopping things for thumbnails.

"Hey, why did you think I was a dick?" I ask after a couple minutes of silence, it wasn't awkward.

"Just things my friends have said about you. My friend said that you slept with her the other night and you left in the middle of the night talking shit." She says spinning around in the chair, bored.

"Oh." I say and it hurts, if she only knew what happened. I had slept with her but she told me to leave because she had failed to mention that she had her boyfriend coming over in a few minutes.

"Yeah. Um, I don't know how to ask this but do you wanna go somewhere after this?" She asks quickly trying to get her point across so that she doesn't have to bear the pain of me saying no.

"Hell yeah." I say and she laughs lightly looking up though her hair.

Maybe she's not actually what I thought.

Author's note: Hey, I'm really glad that you decided to read this. Share please, I'm so excited to show you guys another side of Joe. I hope that you have a great day and you enjoy reading it -Calista

p.s @ kissingcalpal on here helped form the idea