Chapter one - How did we get here?

@SakuraNoir made the amazing cover photo for this story, Thank you Vicky!!💖💖

Ralph's P.O.V

The day started off as normal, well...as normal as a day on this God forsaken island can be; hiding from those savages that were once a choir, Jack was still out for my head, I've started to lose faith in myself, I watched all my friends die, I watched them. And i did absolutely nothing about it, my head is riddled with the voices of my fallen friends. I kept on walking along the hot sand, the heat from the Sun, glaring down my back. I sighed softly, looking up at the sky, the gulls, circling like vultures. I suddenly tripped over something and hit the sand, I lifted my head and looked over at whatever I tripped on. Another leg?... my eyes drifted up towards the rest of the body, the waist was too feminine to be one of the boys from Jack's tribe, one; because the person was wearing a pair of shorts, that didn't look like the style a boy would wear, and two: the body had two small bumps at the top of the chest area. I looked towards the face of the mystery person, who was she. A Girl, was washed on the island, and no one had noiced her? I got up, turning round, her lifeless face made her look as if she was sleeping. I approached her slowly, kneeling down and brushing the hair from her face, to get a better look at her complection. Her face was slim, but not too slim, freckles were dusted around her cheeks like cinnamon, sprinkled on two peaches. I tilted me head to the other side, moving my index finger over her eyelid and raising it, to see what colour her eyes were. Yes I know that may be a little weird, but...I was curious, ok? As I slowly lifted up the curtain of skin, she bounced to life, slapping my hand away and within seconds, I was on the ground, the girl, leaning on top of me, her knee, against my throat.

"Who are you!?...where am I!?" She screamed down at me. Her voice sounded Australian, I've never actually heard an Australian in real life before, only on the radio and television. I stared up at her, my blonde hair falling over my blue eyes.

"I'm Ralph, p-please don't hurt me?..." I whimpered. The girl got up, brushing her auburn hair away from her face. "Aren't you going to tell me your name?" I asked, sitting up.

"Uh...I'm Piper." She said, her voice, calming a little.

Jack's P.O.V

Me and my hunters stalked the woods, upon hearing the high pitched screams. I raised my spear and let out my loudest battle cry and sprinted out onto the beach, as I ran, my eyes fell upon the most beautiful creature i'd ever seen, I stopped right infront of her and smirked, sticking my spear into the sand, looking her up and down, she wore a, slightly torn blue and black plaid shirt and a pair of black cargo shorts, I walked closer and closer, walking round her.

"Who's this pretty thing?~" I chuckled, walking over and moving to put my hand on her shoulder. That pathetic excuse for a human, Ralph shoved me back and growled. I narrowed my eyes and stood up straight, towering over Ralph.

"Move. Now." I grunted. Ralph was about to speak when one of the younger kids yelled out.

"The girl has escaped!!" The kid said, I looked at Ralph and we both began to run in the same direction, I decided to slow him down a little by, shoving him back and sprinting hard until I was hot on the girl's heels, I chuckled at I grabbed her by the arm and yanked her backwards, into my arms, she squirmed alot while I held onto her.

"LET GO OF ME!!" She screamed and kept struggling. I leaned my head onto her shoulder and whispered.

"I don't feel like letting you go." I said, laughing to myself as I heard Ralph yelling from behind me.

"Let her go!" He yelled and walked towards me, I shook my head and the rest of my hunters aimed their spears at him as I dragged the short girl away.