Chapter 1 - A New Year

Draco's POV

I didn't think my parents would go behind my back a do this. I danced and clung close to Haley that night. Adrain and Pansy spent most of the night together. I wouldn't be surprised if she and him got together. Parker and Ty were quiet and stayed in the corner unless a girl dragged them to the floor. Pure and Phoebe danced with Ty and Parker. The two even snuck in a dance with me. By nights ended after everyone departed, I found Y/n cleaning.

"Y/n," I muttered quietly.

She paused and looked over at me.

"Hey Draco. Congratulations on the engagement," she started. "And I get you don't really like her like that but maybe it's for the best."

I looked at her with a little bit of shock and disbelief. She couldn't be serious.

"Who better for me than the descendant of Merlin?"

She only laughed dryly.

"A pure blood witch that can reach you and your families standards."

She went back to cleaning. I sighed and turned to leave, but before I did I turned back to her and sighed.

"Could I have one dance with you at least?" I asked.

She paused and looked up at me in shock. She sighed and with a flick out her worst and muttering a words the broom swept and the mop got to work on there own. The dishes started to wash themselves. Everything moved to clean by itself. With a snap of her fingers music player and she was in a simple dress.

She sighed and walked over to me. She seemed like she didn't want this. I frowned at the thought. I placed both of my hands on her waist as hers went to my shoulders. Swaying at first we soon started to dance.

When she looked up at me I smiled at her. She truly was something special. She smiled back at me but frowned seconds later. Pulling back the song ended and she clapped her hands twice. In response the cleaning appliance went back to there proper place. When she made it to her room I slipped in after.

"Y/n, I...I," I just couldn't say it.

She was hurting enough with the engagement news. Turned to me with a sad smile that broke my heart she spoke.

"I love you too, but it wouldn't ever happen between us. I wish it could but with our blood status and your parents, it won't work."

I frowned deeply and pulled Y/n close to me and kissed her before she could speak. She did kiss back. I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer. Her arm wrapped around my neck loosely. I wish she didn't pull back and push me back. She snapped her fingers when I went to reach for her. That's when I realize I was in my room now. I sighed at this and looked at my door debating if I should go back to her.

Time Skip Y/n's POV

Draco and his father left to go the best quidditch games. I stayed at the house to clean. Well, kinda. I had the cleaning items clean for me while I worked outside. The house elves where gone. I don't know what happen to them, they just vanished. I've been thinking about getting a new owl due to mine disappearing. It wouldn't be long until school would start up again so I jumped a step ahead.

Third Person

Y/n packed her bags and left the household early that morning. She bought hers and Draco's supplies early. Her owl, o/n, returned to her that summer with a letter. This was the first letter she received from her owl. She decided to open it once she got on the train. When Draco did wake you he noticed she left early. A little disappointed he made it to the train station with him mom. That's when Haley and Adrain were spotted. Being engaged, much to their displeasure, they went on the train together to please there parents. When the three found a seat, Pansy and Michelle joined them.

"Hey," Pansy smirked. "So you two are together now?"

"Much to your displeasure, yes."

Pansy frowned at Haley's reply.

"I consider yourself lucky that you have.."

Pansy didn't finish due to Adrain interrupting.

"She doesn't like him like that. Anyways, I heard that other people from different school are coming here. Apparently something big is going to happen," Adrain muttered.

Michelle rolled her eyes as Draco was the only one that seemed to spark interest in this. His two other friends appeared and sat with them. It was a little crowded now. Despite the crowded area the six did gossip a bit about Potter and the engagement, much to Draco and Haley's dismay.

"Did you guys hear of the dark mark in the sky?" Haley asked.

Michelle froze and frowned deeply.

"Yeah, why do you think that happened?" Pansy asked.

"Well I don't know nor do I care. But if you want my guess I saw it's a signal that Voldemort is going to return," Adrain mutter.

They gave off theory's. Michelle suggested it was just a sick prank by the Death Eaters. Pansy and Draco's friend figured it was nothing special.

Meanwhile, Ty sat with Mink and Aliza. Parker Prue and Phoebe join the three and did talk about the engagement, Potter, and the dark mark. Mink and Aliza talked about how one of the ladies from the ministry were going to be a teacher. While they talked and discussed about it, Y/n sat alone reading the letter.

Dear Y/n,

Sorry for your owls disappearance but due to how far I am from you, I must warn you. Beware of the new teacher. Don't let your head guide you. Let your gut and heart guide you this year and next, no matter how painful it may be. Do not trust Tawny or Michelle. They are not who they appear to be.

Anonymous