Coming Home

Standing in the hallway of a nice older apartment complex, the Egyptian felt his hands become sweaty from his nerves. He never imagined he would be back here. This was his first time in three months that he had been in this exact place. Walking up to the door his heart rate increased.

Slowly he brought his hand up to knock on the apartment door. His apartment door. Marik had spent the last three months helping the pharaoh regain memories and taking them all to the burial area itself. Not to mention his flight back had been delayed several times, but finally it had not been cancelled. To be back home felt nice, but would it still feel just as good in a little bit?

His hand raptured against the door, something for the first time in awhile happened, it opened. On the other side of the creme colored door stood a pale skinned man, hair as white as snow and a expression all too unknowing.

Marik felt himself backing up, but a firm hand gripping his wrist and pulling him forward kept him from doing so.

"You know how long it's been, Ishtar?"

The thief grimaced and stared with his eyes that would so pearce the soul if the one were to let them.

"Three months. That honestly isn't that long of a time is it?", of course it was. His mind had been reeling the whole time he was away. Being with his ignorant siblings didn't count since they still seemed so far from him after battle city.

"Not long? It is you...oh nevermind it's not worth my energy. Marik, get inside" The thief sighed and slowly pulled the other inside the door. Once inside he closed the door and sat down on his black leather chair, "Are you staying?"

Crossing his arms tightly, he nodded. "Yes, I'm staying Bakura. I'm not going anywhere, and by all the Egyptian God's it's good to finally be back."

"Good. ...Did the pharaoh get what was coming to him?", he asked casually.

"Bakura. I didn't touch him, I'm not..I'm not how I was." He tensed his arms and looked dead set into the others russet eyes.

Bakura almost burst out laughing, "Oh bullshit!

"You may not be after his downfall but your still a conniving and brilliantly dangerous to some around you!"

Dropping his arms to his side he glared. "It wasn't fun to see my siblings still not over what I'd done..their happy I'm back, but it's not the same I hate it Bakura."

He closed his eyes and tilted his head, smiling. "Oh Marik. They're all idiots, you know that.

"What is your plan now? Your all alone."

Marik tensed, "Perhaps. This is still our apartment isn't it..?" The words staggered out of his throat.

"I mean, I suppose." He opened one eye to look up at the Egyptian infront of him.

"If you want to kick me out fine. Be my guest, you've always made horrible decisions." he sighed almost letting out a light laugh.

Bakura stood up and brushed himself off, "Well you're not wrong. Now come on. Get inside and get in your room, your not leaving that easily again. You said your staying~", he said while grinning.

The blonde haired male smiled lightly and left to go to his room. "That I did."

One hand on the door knob to his room, and the Egyptian is back. And one pair of eyes watching him, he was home.