Nova

Welcome again! It's been a week since my last oneshot leadup and now it's time for another one! Isn't this exciting? ! Okay, reining in. Regardless, this is the second oneshot of three that will lead in to Love in the Time of Tropics. Admittedly, this one is...different. Why? Because it takes place three months before the epilogue in Tribulations, which is well after most of the series. As for other things, well, you'll see what it's about.

Author: Epicocity

Rating: K

Pairings: Amourshipping

DISCLAIMER: I say this too often, but I don't own Pokémon.

Nova

An Ancienverse Pokémon Oneshot

It had been a long time since he'd seen them. Since they'd seen them. In some sense, he felt bad for it, knowing he should have kept in better contact or simply done more, but all of that seemed to be water under the bridge. The point still stood that neither side had forgotten each other. No, they had always kept each other in their hearts and minds. It was easier said than done over a period of near seven years, he realized, so that they had was an accomplishment.

And now, there was the invitation in his hand.

"But why didn't he invite Clemont instead of me?" Ash asked of his girlfriend next to him. Serena had a hairpin in her mouth as she looked to him. She was raising her hair, tying its slightly longer length than her teen years into a ponytail. She then clipped her hair and reached over to pat him on the back.

"Because he knows you," she answered. Pikachu, ever present on his shoulder, chirped in agreement. Ash frowned at the thought, but realized that she was absolutely right. They did know each other rather well. "And I don't think Clemont would want to stand in front of a crowd of students to give a speech. He has confidence, but I think little kids frighten him."

"Can't wait until he has one of his own," Ash laughed out as he and Serena continued on their way. The roofs of the town they were approaching were growing closer, looking rustic amongst the set of the trees that framed its border. To the side, the glittering blue lake, a giant shape sticking out of it even to this day, sounded out like calming and relaxing waves.

"I'm pretty sure he'd have to work up the nerve to actually ask Korrina to marry him before then," Serena laughed, putting her hands behind her back.

"Yeah, assuming Bonnie hasn't done it already," Ash noted. Pikachu laughed at that one. He thought to their friends from Lumiose City, wondering just how often Bonnie even kept in contact with her brother and Korrina. She probably did a mite better than him on his journeys. He'd once gone six months without contacting Serena, though she'd been so busy with her duties as Kalos Queen that she ended up apologizing to him (but he treated her to a nice dinner and evening afterwards, so it all worked out).

"Well, at least she can't ask every day...I think. Though I wouldn't expect anything from Clemont any time in the near future. He's..."

"Busy, yeah," Ash noted. The two finally finished coming out of the forest, between the stone constructs that served as gateways into the town and into a square. As they did so, Ash's thoughts about Clemont, Korrina and children transformed into something else in his mind. Of the thought of having children with Serena, of promising to be together. It made an uncomfortable heat creep up his neck, and an understanding that something was probably missing from Serena's hand. To distract himself, he looked at the invitation. All that was written was the letter asking him to be a guest speaker at the class, but with no other details telling him where to go.