The Hungry Bear and The Fallen Duck

He clawed the ground, not carrying about the environment he disrupted with his stress. The furry creature shook, as he turned around suddenly, hearing a stick break.
"Who's there?" He gruffly called out.

Silence.

"I repeat, who's there?" He called out again, trying not to show fear.

Silence.

He stumbled back, using his claws to keep him grounded.
"I-I ask one final time, who's there?"
It was then the thing, or was it a creature, replied.

"Hello young one. There is nothing to be afraid of."

The grizzly glanced around, wondering who, or what was talking. Fear built up in his chest as he heard faint noises.

Then, there was a loud-
QUACK!

He jumped, squealing in shock. His eyes followed the shadow of a small creature, causing his stomach to growl.
The creature backed away, whispering slowly.

"Okay, okay boy, calm down, I mean no harm.."

He shivered, his beady black eyes staring into the eyes of a..

"Duck?!"

The duck chuckled, staring right back up at the bear.

"I presume that is what I am, yes, I am a duck."

The bear stood there shocked, but most importantly..hungry. As if the duck could read his mind, he backed away, fear evident in his kind eyes.

"Buddy, I know you're hungry..but please do not eat me."

The bear shook, full of hunger. But he was scared and didn't understand why this duck is here.

"Why are you here?"

The duck widened his eyes in realization. He stomped and cursed loudly.

"Always forgetting to mention that. So!"

The duck clapped his hands together, rubbing them together before starting his tale.

"I was sent here by the elders up in the sky."

He paused, and pointed at the clouds.

"I have been tasked to make sure bears stop killing innocent animals because of ideals they have grown up with."

The bear glared at the duck, thinking about pounding on the annoying creature.

"Yes, yes, you aren't happy. Blah blah blah. Well, I think you will be even more happy when I tell you that you can't eat me unless you want to be doomed for eternity. Amazing right!"

The duck spoke with sarcasm and mockery. The bear started to walk forward, anger clear in his eyes.

"I don't care about being doomed for eternity. That's probably a lie because you don't want to die."

The duck froze, giving the bear a stern look.

"If you want to eat me, then fine! You will wish you hadn't."

This didn't scare the bear, it just made him grin. Licking his lips, he stepped forward. Then another. And another step. The duck simply stared at the beast, trying to see if it was actually going to eat him. Little did the duck know, his reaction would be too late.

"I don't care about your silly words, when I'm hungry. I'm hungry."

The bear jumped, catching the duck. The duck tried to run, but was trapped. He stared at the bear in horror.

"Please, don't do thi-"

The duck couldn't reply.

It was too late.

Blood was splattered on the bear's face, and what did he do?

He grinned as if he won a game.

—— A/N ——
That's it!  This story was a challenge I made for myself, where I had to write a one shot on two nouns that someone had given me. These nouns, Bear and Duck, was given by MrLunchz <3 thank you bud
~~Alex