The darkest dare

Warning: extremely short story. Sorry guys, but I got you enjoy it and get to visit some of my other stories. Thanks, and keep in mind this story may or may not end as a cliff hanger. Sorry again, and enjoy.

   When I was in eighth grade, EVERYONE, both boy and girls were weird. At times I kind of felt bad for my teachers, because every time class started, ALL of the boys in my class (except me) would crumple up their papers and throw it at him. Even though they thought it was funny, all I thought of it was them being jerks. One day, my teacher (Mr. Solomon) walked to to the front of the classroom to start his preamble, but every time Mr. Solomon started speaking, he would always get interrupted, whether it be by booing, name calling, or by spit wads. It wasn't a very good school. Then again it was the only school that lived with us in our small town. The town I lived in was known very well, by almost everyone in our country, but it wasn't known with a good name. The reason for this, is because, we are constantly being ruled by an awful ruler. Everyone, but my family and a few other people loved this guy. To me he was just an annoyance to everyone, whether they knew it or not. One night, this terrible man was murdered, in his sleep. This beautiful accident didn't bother me one bit, as it did with everyone else. Apparently the rumor said that someone snuck into his mansion and murdered him, but I know the truth. I was actually lying in bed when I heard some of my drunk teenage neighbors talking about bad about him, and when I looked outside, besides them walking strangely, they all were carrying at least one knife, and they were walking towards that man mansion. I'm actually very happy I didn't say anything, and just went back to bed. To be honest I don't care if people believe me or not, because they weren't awake when they heard the desperate screams of the old man begging them to not steal his life.
As I said again this death didn't bother me or my family, mostly because we started to beget a new family member, and my mother did not want that old man to interfere with its life style.
       One day (a few years later) I remember there was no school that day because dark, angry clouds were coming in and a huge storm was upon us. But of course that did bother my friends and I. We all just walked over to the broken tree and played an old fashion game. Truth or dare. We played this game for a few hours, asking the same questions, and daring people the same dares, until someone of course had to dare me to walk around the abandoned mansion, to see if they removed the body of our dead ruler. I might've thought everyone was weird but, I was that way too because when they dared me to explore this dead house, I only acted brave because in my group of friends, there were both girls and boys. Besides that I will admit, I was a little scaredy cat. Of course I agreed, so we walked to the front gate of the mansion to set up the Walky talkies before I went inside. As I walked through the gate and closed it, my good friend Ben reached his arm through the gate and grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the house, almost hitting my head against the rusty medal bars. Before letting go, he told me that he will guide through the house through the walky talkies, and it's not to late to butt out of the dare. I replied to him with a wave of thanks and a saying of I'll be fine. Right when I walked through the giant wooden doors, I felt a cold welcoming wind blow right through my body. That's when I started to hear My breathing, and my heart beat grow faster. As I calmed myself down, I clicked the speaking button on my walkie talkie and told Ben "I'm inside the house, where do I go from here?" I only waited for a few seconds when Ben replied and told me to go upstairs take a right down the hall, then make a left, and the mans room is the first door on your left. As I said thank you, I started to make my way up the stairs. While I was walking towards his room, I noticed that the closer I got to his room the colder, and more uncomfortable the air got. When I finally got to his door, the smell of blood started to creep up my nose. "I'm going in" I told Ben. As I opened the old creaky wooden door, I saw a lump in his bed. I tiptoed to his bed still believing he might still be asleep. When I got to the side of his bed to lift the covers, I almost screamed like a little girl in fear and disgust, but I kept it in, so all that came out was a long, scared gasp. Right there in front of me was him, his dead body laying in his old rich bed just festering. As I put my hand to my nose and mouth, I started to back away out of the room, bit realizing that the air in the room and hallway suddenly got colder. When I got outside the room and I closed the door, I thought I saw something moving closer to me from the darker end of the hallway. When I turned to face that direction to where the movement came from, I thought I was imagining it but no, at the end of the hallway was him. "Did his spirit not make it to the spirit world" I thought as I started to run away. To be honest I don't remember much of what happened next but do remember coming out of that house screaming like a little girl, still remembering that ugly floating figure coming right to me with a large bloody smile, and a long skinny body, which showed bloody holes in his white night gown. But I can tell you this, when I came back to my senses, Ben told me that when I ran away from the house leaving them behind, he looked back to where I came and saw that same man I saw, except when he saw him at the door he stopped smiling, and just stared at him for a long while, until that mans ghost started to scream, so violently that it followed Ben and reached towards me.
    The only thing that didn't make sense to me was that the other people in our group didn't see or hear anything, besides us running away screaming. That, and they suddenly went missing a few day after i went into that mansion.