Phase (Excerpt Only) - Chapter One

PHASE (Book 2 of the Liminals Series)

By Maree Anderson

Even the most powerful liminals can't always save the ones they love...

My name's Wren, and I can phase in and out of the real world—super-cool, right? Yeah, not so much. See, I'm still struggling to learn how all this liminal stuff works. Not to mention my father's experiments are mucking with my already volatile liminal abilities. Then there are my twin brothers: Liam, who's obsessed with destroying Daddy-Dearest's empire no matter what it costs, and Reilly, who'll sacrifice everyone—including me—to save the monster lurking Between. Oh, and that monster? She just happens to be my mother.

If not for Kade, I'd be losing it big-time. But my boyfriend's got major issues of his own—issues that are slowly stripping him of his sanity. If we don't escape this hellhole soon it could be too late. What's the point of being so damned powerful if you can't save the ones you love?

*****

PHASE

Copyright 2018 by Maree Anderson

Published by Maree Anderson

ISBN 978-09941160-8-6

License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you are reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please purchase your own copy.

Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

*****

PHASE

By Maree Anderson

Prologue:  Before

"Be happy to let you discover that for yourself, babe. Your place or mine?"

Megan blinked at the man seated on the edge of her desk. Surely she hadn't heard right. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

His smirk morphed into something toothy and so sly that a shiver danced down her spine.

"Let's do this again," he drawled. "Soon." He pushed to his feet and sauntered off, his gaze fixed on Felicity as she leaned down to rummage in a filing box—giving anyone who cared to look a clear view down the front of her shirt. Of course Red Devos cared to look. And lick his lips.

Ugh. Too creepy for words.

Megan sagged in her chair. Her skull throbbed—like she'd been whacked upside the head with a plank of wood. And maybe this killer headache was the reason it felt as though... as though....

As though time had skipped, and she was missing some crucial segment that would help her make sense of what had just happened.

She closed her eyes, pinched the bridge of her nose, struggling to put the strange encounter into something resembling logical context.

Your place or mine? Okay. Couldn't mistake that for anything other than a blatant invitation. In response to... whatever question had provoked that sleazy your-place-or-mine comment.

Huh. Apparently she'd asked him something suggestive and highly inappropriate. Which was just plain uncharacteristic, because there was no getting around the fact that Red gave Megan the jitters. She went out of her way to avoid interacting with him—easy enough given his tastes ran to busty blue-eyed blondes, like Felicity, rather than skinny, average-looking girls with barely enough boobage to justify a B-cup. Hell, the only thing Megan had in common with Red's usual girly fare was the color of her eyes—and not even an intense blue that'd provoke a "Wow", either. Hers were a pale, nothing-special blue that matched her nothing-special brown hair.