Fluff #1

Chris woke up gasping and sweating. Tears flooded out of his eyes and dropped down his cheeks. He looked at his surroundings, making sure that he was still home.He let out a shaky sigh as he confirmed that he was still home, he was still safe.
"Calm down Chris... papa can't hurt you..." he whispered to himself. He sat up on the couch, he slept in the living room so he wouldn't bother anyone if he woke up having a panic attack. He tried to calm his breathing in order to sooth himself. The breathing exercises only worked for a minute or two before he began to hyperventilate. By now his face and his sleeve were soaked in salty tears.
'Pacing! Pacing helps calm people down right?' He thought. He stood up and began to walk. He ended up in the kitchen, pacing in a oval. He found out the pacing was actually adding to his stress. His legs were trembling and weak. To weak to hold his body up. He leaned against the wall and slowly began to sink to the floor. The second he was sitting he let his body lean to the side, causing him to curl up. He heard his heart beat echo in his ears. The only other sound he could hear was his sobbing.
"Hello?" The sound of someone else made Chris go silent. He could have sworn that he even felt his heart stop beating.
'Derek.' He figured. He already had his voice memorized.
"Chris?! Are you okay? What's wrong?" Derek asked as he scooped up the crying boy in his arms.
"I-I had a n-nightmare..." Chris admitted, looking away from Derek.
Derek frowned.
"What was it about?"
"... my dad..." Chris responded shyly.
Derek's expression seem to soften even more.
"How about we get you cleaned up and then I'll help you go back to sleep?" Chris nodded hesitantly. Derek stood, carrying Chris bridal style to the bathroom.
"My shirts wet..." Chris commented as Derek sat him on the toilet seat.
"Don't worry, I'll just grab one of John's... I'm sure he won't mind." Chris smiled and nodded. As soon as Derek left the bathroom Chris took off his shirt and weakly stood up. He looked in the mirror sadly. He traced his fingers along the many scars he had along his chest. How he got said scars? He would get whipped for any little thing he did wrong.
"Okay... got the shi-" Derek's words halted when saw Chris's scarred body.
"D-Derek! You... weren't supposed to see this... no one was..." Derek knelt down so he was face to face and hugged him tightly. Chris could tell that Derek was concerned about him.
"Chris... some of these aren't old..." Derek said quietly as he let go of Chris. He pointed to a few scars that looked more like cuts. Chris stayed quiet.
"I won't force you to tell me anything... I just hope you don't do something that you won't live to regret..." Chris could only respond with tears.
"I... I want to be happy... but I..."
"Hey... it's okay..." Derek said as he soaked a towel and began wiping Chris face.
"Here..." he handed Chris John's shirt. It was big in him but he didn't mind.
"How about a song to help you sleep?" Chris looked up at Derek in confusion. Derek chuckled and held his hand out. Chris took his hand and followed Derek as he led him to the living room. Derek lied him down and tucked him in comfortably. Derek then left, returning a few minutes later with a guitar.
"Oh? You play the guitar?" Chris asked, examining the instrument.
"Yeah." Derek strummed a few notes to a song.
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise." Derek sang in time with the guitar. His voice was so angelic, so hypnotic. Chris found his singing calming. He snuggled against the pillow, his eyes glued to the movement of Derek's hands as he played each note with ease.
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these sunken eyes and learn to see. All your life. You were only waiting for this moment to be free." Chris's eyelids became heavier and heavier with each word the poured from Derek's mouth.
"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night. Blackbird fly, blackbird fly into the light of the dark black night."
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All your life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise."
"You were only waiting for this moment to arise."
"You were only waiting for this moment to arise..." Derek smiled as he strummed the last note of the song and looked at Chris, finding him peacefully sleeping.
"Goodnight Christopher..." Derek whispered as he headed out of the living room and put his guitar away.
For the first time in years, Chris slept without any night terrors.

((A/N: This was a quick (and my first) fluff. Ciellasprite this was for you pal!))