Lonely

Beca POV

I have a secret like everybody does, except, I'm extremely scared of it. I'm starting my freshman year at Barden  and I haven't made my coming out to my family. My parents don't know that I'm gay and I'm pretty sure they are gonna kick me out of the house. I wanted to do it this summer but I kept it to me. Now, I'm lonely on a bench waiting for class to start. Thinking of beats I could do on my drum tonight. Then , I hear a guy talking in the intercom.

« Dear students of Barden, the marching band drumline is taking new people on the drumline. We need 2 snare . A bassdrum and 3 tenor drum. If you're interested come to the band room during lunch time. And everybody that is already on the drumline is required. Thank you.»

I think this could work, it could maybe make more social ,plus, I love drum. Drum is my life and escape to real life. So yeah I'm going to the tryouts. I'm going on the bassline.

                           ~noon~
I'm so stressed I know absolutely no one in this school.

I walk slowly to the band room and hear some drum playing. I push the doors and see a couple of people then a man walks up to me (I assume it's the band director) and ask me:
- What are you auditioning for?
- I'm here for the place on the bassline.
- Good! Take a seat. I asked the first bassdrum to do the audition so you'll show her what you got! I've got too much stuff to do with the snares and tenors.

I sat on a chair that was disposed to me and simply waited. Ten minutes later , I hear someone burst into the room and quickly caught everyone's attention. So I turn around and simply froze. She was... so hot. Her perfect form and her brown hair was simply ... perfect. When I came back to my thought I was only hoping she wasn't the first bassdrum.

- Sorry I'm a little late! She exclaimed.
- Stop apologizing Emily and get us a new bassdrum please. The band director said calmly.

Oh no! She was the first Bassdrum!