1

Shit.

He mumbled out into the cold Gwangju air. His phone had froze up for the 3rd time that day.

Fuck the cold.

It smells like shit out here.

I wanna go home.

He looked around at first, checking to see if anyone was out, then made the most embarrassing decision of his life.

Use the payphone.

He grabbed the few cents he had leftover from buying his breakfast burrito at McDonald's and headed across the street to the old, raggedy telephone.

Yoongi could barely touch the phone without wondering what gross middle-aged man used it before him. He dialed the only number he could think of, the one he had heard Namjoon dial numerous times in the past because of his countless broken phones and the late nights when he was drunk and wanted someone to talk to.

Apple customer service.

He familiarized himself the sound of the beeps in his head, making a little tune out of it. He put the slimy phone up to his ear, barely touching it, but close enough so he could hear.

"Hello. Welcome to Apple Customer Services. For employee assistance, press 7. To make a purchase, press 3. To check your information, press 1. To end this call, hang up."

"Duh. How else would I end this call?" He muttered. Pressing 7, he waited to be assisted.

"Please wait while we connect you with an employee..." The funky music in the background made Yoongi tap his feet.

"Welcome to Apple Customer Service. This is Chaerin, how may I help you?"

"Uh, yeah, my phone froze in the middle of the cold. I can't call anyone or do anything cause the screen is frozen. I had to use a payphone to reach you. So, um, how do I get it un-frozen?"

"Did you try a hard reset?"

"What's a hard reset?"

"Press and hold the power and home button simultaneously until the Apple logo pops up. After that, your phone should work again."

"Wait for like, two seconds, okay? I'll be back."

"Take your time, sir."

"Sir? I'm 17 years- never mind, it isn't worth it."

Yoongi sat the phone on top of the box, sliding his phone out of his pocket. Pressing the home and power buttons he closed his eyes, praying that it would work.

Peeking out, he gave a sigh of disappointment when Namjoon's contorted face was still stuck on the facetime call.

I bet he's worried about me.

In fact, Namjoon was not worried about him.

He was very content at home, sitting with his feet up on the coffee table, which Yoongi would never let him do.

Wack.

Putting his phone back in his pocket, he picked the telephone back up.

"Uh, it didn't work. My phone is still stuck."

"What days are you available this week for so you can.."

"Go on a date with you? I mean, we haven't even seen each other yet and while I am flattered, I don't think I'm ready for that type of commitment just yet-"

"....can come in to your nearest store to see if they can repair your phone."

"Oh. Yeah, uh, Wednesday's cool." He said, trying to play it cool.

"I'm getting your location right now so I can possibly make an appointment for you that day."

"Tracking me? Are you apart of the government and is this their plan to try and plot my downfall?"

"Yes. Yes it is. In fact, I'm forwarding your location to our governor so he can hunt you down and find all the ones you cherish the most."

"I don't cherish anyone."

"What about your roommate?"

"How did you know about my roommate..."

She was silent.

"Hello?"

"I'm kidding. Lots of people have roommates. I just made an appointment for you. You're welcome."

"Uh, thanks......when is it?"

"Tomorrow. Hope you're available."

"For you? Anytime." He says with a grin.

"Looks like you're near my store. I'm hanging up now."

"Wait!"

She sighs. "What?"

"What store baby?"

Yoongi could feel her roll her eyes from behind the phone.

"Look behind you, genius."

He turns around, only to see the store directly behind him.

Oh.

"Are you a magician? Cause I-" He's interrupted by a long beep. She had hung up.

Guess I'll see you tomorrow, honey.