006 | a mind curtained by fear.

SELECTED CHOICE:
c) namjoon, though what could he really do in his state?

12:52PM

"it's slowly breaking open! hurry!" jimin yelled, panic dominating the hoarse octaves of his words. with beads of sweat shooting down the side of his face and eyebrows knitted so closely together, you'd clearly be able to see that their owner was anything but calm. thuds alike to gunshots sounded from the other side of the door, each one allowing bruises to start blooming across the brunette's side—and it was then that the shelf yoongi dragged over fell with a heavy thump.

"i can go!" namjoon proposed, making a labored effort towards the window. however he folded into himself as soon as the move was made. "you can't go anywhere with an injury like that!" seokjin scolded, pulling the heaving blonde into a porcelain embrace—proceeding to tend to the growing sea of red streaming from his arm.

"then what about you, seokjin!" jimin called out, turning so his back could instead take the blunt of the thuds. biting his lip in a vain attempt at throwing a lid at the way his sides cried out in pain, the brunette let out a heavy breath before shoving back with twice as much force.

"i'm not leaving namjoon behind!" the rosette yelled back, pulling the said man closer, before cursing. "the stress isn't good for his wound. if someone doesn't get him out of here fast, he could contract a fever!"

"i'll go!" hoseok volunteered, already climbing up the shelves beside the window. with sunset-toned bangs slicking to his forehead, a clear sign of anxiety thanks to beads upon beads of sweat, his eyes were curtained. as the mahoganette reached towards the exit, seokjin tore his eyes away from namjoon.

"pull namjoon up first!"

at his words, many heads turned. along with yoongi looking as if he'd been set ablaze. "what the fuck about us?!" the ravenette seethed, wincing at the blow he received at the sudden slip in focus. the door wasn't going to hold on for long.

"he can't get anywhere efficiently enough with that arm! and you guys'll go last since you're holding jeongguk off!" the rosette reasoned desperately, so painfully aware of the seriousness of their situation—and the possible fatalities that'd come from letting namjoon go first. however, he just couldn't acknowledge those truths enough to throw the blonde under the bus.

"so give me your ha–?!" seokjin called out, his hand stretched upwards, before choking on his words.

with the moonlight serving as a personal spotlight, and bangs parted to reveal orbs ridden with terror, the rosette found himself speechless at how afraid the mahoganette appeared. and that fear was a miasma thick enough to constrict his own heart in a fierce poison, when he noticed the owner of those cowardice orbs crawl out the window.

upon turning back, a sheen of sweat allowed for beams of moonlight to reveal a shit-eating grin and teary eyes to match.

"i..."

"....i'm so sorry!" hoseok choked out, before shutting the window and locking the rest inside.

"JUNG HOSEOK! COME BACK HERE! PLEASE, HE'LL KILL US!" seokjin screamed out, his throat raw and voice hoarse. his pleas were followed by a symphony of cried from the rest, before everything went silent.