008 | badbye.

SELECTED CHOICE:

a) join the rest in their wild chase after namjoon? however, one member's take on the ugly truth awaiting them may cost them dearly.

1:36PM

"no way in hell."

peering down at the mess before him: a familiar outfit littered with clumps of torn hair and flesh, including this red a shade he hadn't known existed, laid a truth namjoon was reluctant in accepting. breaking out in a cold sweat, saliva mimicking the moisture of his palms: pooling at rate that would never match the tempo of his panicked heartbeat and the sudden skyrocket in his body temperature. it was hot. sweltering. this was a heat like none other, a torridity that nipped at the blonde's neck in the foggiest of ways, obscuring better judgement, rationality, and the steps of a certain individual heading his way.

"h-hey...hoseok!" dropping to his knees, and discarding the gun he had gripped onto so tightly, before delving headfirst into the gore. the blonde's nails dug into red fluids of all textures, staining his mustard yellow top, though that had been the least of his worries. instead, anxiety for the chances of favorable outcomes trumping the reality of the situation actually occurring the way it had, all if he had arrived earlier, halted every train of thought. sure, he was letting  a cocktail of  guilt and fear mandate better judgement, but was that so wrong? 'he's human, just like me...he's dead, just like..' namjoon felt disgust at what transpired in his head, and felt the gourmet meal of a couple hours ago creep up his throat in the illest of ways.

"we'll make it out okay!" the blonde choked out, in hopeless denial. upon closer examination, the left side of hoseok's face was tattered with claw marks, trails of reddened foamy slobber, and hanging skin: a scene of which namjoon wished he could unsee. be that as it may, his body betrayed the screams of his still-beating heart as bile forced it's way up out his system and onto the ground beside them.

the moonbeams filtering through lush forest canopies accentuated how pigmented the crimsons had been, providing anything but a reliable moment of serendipity in him finding his friend. any bystander wouldn't be able to tell apart the restrained intensity of namjoon's cries (he bit his tongue till it near plopped beside the corpse before him) and the ambience of the estate's night. gripping at the grass as blood met the fresh soil, namjoon wept. and wept. and wept. memories of the two meeting, the trials and errors faced with one another, and the lifeless reminder that it's all gone now, played like a death knell in the blonde's head.

traitor or not, this was a dear friend he made in college. gone like the first.

upon opening bloodshot eyes, namjoon felt the severity of the situation sweep him within the volumes of silence. he hadn't dared moved a muscle. because in his heaves and wheezes, had he remembered one thing. hoseok was running away from what exactly?

better phrased as who.

"where are you?" a taunting voice rang out, seemingly shaking namjoon off the earth's axis, snapping him out his stupor. eyes wide open, nerves ablaze, and heart still in it's tracks, the blonde was once again met with a cruel reality. jeongguk was nearing, which meant death wasn't that far off either. with that in mind, he had no choice but to take off with the only life this forest had left. his own.

but strangely, he found himself seeming chained beside the corpse, unable to move any muscle despite the nearing of those footsteps. "..h-hoseo..k..." the blonde muttered, regaining a hold on himself as he gazed into the mahoganette's lifeless stare.