If Only You Were Here

I lay in bed staring at the plain white ceiling. Millions of thoughts were running through my head, but  no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop thinking of him. It seemed like that was all  I had been doing for the past few weeks. 

        I could hear the faint voices of my parents arguing in the background. Once again, my parents were debating about what to do with my sudden attitude. For weeks, they had been trying to get me out of bed and do something other than mop around all day. 

        "They don't understand." I whispered to him, even though I knew that he would never be there be there for me again.

        "Amanda! You need to get back on track with your life! You need get over that guy! He ruined his life, but he will not be ruining yours!" My mom yelled at me as she barged into my room. 

        I looked at her for the first time in weeks. She was almost as much as a mess as I was. She had huge undereye circles and her hair seemed as though it hadn't been brushed for weeks. 

               Here's what they don't tell you about death: once it happens, it unravels a series of causes and effects. It affects more than just one person, and no matter how hard you try, there's no way to stop it.

        "Mandy, you have to understand that this is for your own good. You need to accept the fact that he's gone, and he's never coming back." She whispered as she caressed my face. 

        It was then that I finally realized what was going on. For weeks, I had been trying to deny the fact that he was gone, and he was never coming back. However, now it was impossible to keep avoiding this anymore. Sooner or later, I would have to go back to being the person I once was. I had no idea how I was gonna do it, but I had to survive a life without him.