Chapter 1

My heels skidded on the ground as Mercedes practically dragged me across the curb and into the restaurant

My heels skidded on the ground as Mercedes practically dragged me across the curb and into the restaurant. "Look, Santana. I know you hate love after what happened with your parents, but I'd really appreciate it if you support my relationship with Sam. I think we can really go places. I just want my best friend's approval."

I sighed in resignation before nodding, straightening my back as Mercedes searched for her new boyfriend.

The first impression I got from him was Wow his lips are huge. At the same time, I had to admit he was cute.

"This must be the famous Sam Evans Pierce that I've been hearing so much about," The right side of my lips quirked upwards as I outstretched my hand so he could shake it.

"And this must be the best friend, Santana Lopez that I've been hearing so much about," Sam responded, firmly shaking my hand.

So far, so good, I thought to myself, flashing Mercedes a quick grin to show that I was beginning to like this guy already.

She beamed as Sam turned to greet with a hug and a kiss. He offered his hand, and she took it, interlacing their fingers.

Getting better... I thought skeptically. I had to admit they were a good couple.

"Come on, Santana," Mercedes gestured for me to join them in the booth that Sam had gotten them.

I watched as they sat together closely, their hands still intertwined as they browsed through the menu.

"So, Sam," I started, staring at him expectantly. He looked up from the menu and raised his eyebrows slightly to show he was listening. "Have you been here before?"

"Yeah, actually my-"

"Hello, complete strangers. What can I get you on this fine evening?" A voice called, and I glanced up from the booth to witness who was addressing us.

I choked on air, my eyes widening as I took in her beauty. No, seriously, the newcomer gave me a concerned look as I began coughing hysterically, making it difficult for me to breathe.

"Oh my goodness, are you okay?" She furrowed her brows, her lips pursing as she awkwardly patted my back.

"Santana'll be fine," Mercedes rolled her eyes. I shot her a glare. Some best friend. I cleared my throat and fixed my posture, wiping the tears that collected in my eyes from coughing so hard.

"I - yeah, I'm good. Um, yeah," I huffed out a breath, my cheeks flaming.

"Brittany, I think you cast a spell on her, or something," Sam laughed before giving me a look. "But in all seriousness, you're okay, right?"

"I'm fine," I chuckled. I gazed back into the gorgeous blonde's eyes again, and I managed to keep my flusteredness back this time. So her name was Brittany. Good to know. Excellent to know. I store that in the back of my mind for future use.