Chapter 1

All Alyssa hears are hushed voices cutting through the constant whir of the unidentified machines buzzing around her. The monotonous pounding in her head is enough to distract her from making out much of what is said, but what she can comprehend is certainly not giving off good vibes.

"Are you sure she won't remember anything when she wakes?"                                                                      "Of course, this isn't my first time dissolving someone's memories thank you very much."                "I know, I know It's just... after last time-"                                                                                                                  "Don't worry, I can assure you everything is going smoothly like usual."

She can't make out much more before she feels herself  slowly losing grip on reality, as silence engulfs her world her mind shuts down once again.

10 Years Later

Alyssa woke up to the sounds of Yelling and crashing, although it took a few moments for her to register what was going on. When she did, however, she shot upright in bed as her eyes widened almost comically. She knew how her dad treated her mom when he thought she wasn't around, as every night she could hear her mom's muffled sobs flooding in from her own bedroom, but she was powerless against him since her mom would never admit to what she was put through by the monster and the man was becoming more violent each day. However until this point it had never sounded as severe, She felt the nerves creeping up on her as silence enveloped the house and the old atmosphere was succumbed by the now heavy and tense feeling.

Alyssa quickly yet quietly made her way onto the landing and down the carpeted stairs, she held her breath and without even realizing, her heartbeat was quickening it's place. The stillness that immersed her once familiar surroundings was deafening and put her on edge, even though she'd lived in this house for 17 years.

But even with all the suspense leading up to it, what she saw when she reached the living room caught her completely off guard. She could not hear nor see either of her parents around, instead floating around the room were little, golden particles- like what you would see in a confetti cannon. But the strangest part? They weren't settling on the ground, just hovering in the air emitting a captivating, golden aura from within. 

In the back of her mind, many signals were telling Alyssa that this was not normal. That she should go look for her parents, get out of the room or just do something . But she couldn't bring herself to look away, caught in a trance by the glimmering sight. Except her daze didn't last long, because it was as if someone had physically torn the magic away, the little golden specks fell desolately to the ground, like someone had flipped the switch and turned gravity back on whilst sucking all the wonder and awe out with it. 

This jolted Alyssa back to her senses and she became aware that during the whole phenomenon her parents were still nowhere to be seen. Putting aside the thoughts of what just occurred for later she began to scan the remaining rooms of her house to find them, well mainly her mom as that's what worried her most, even if the little voice in the back of her head nagged at her, telling her they would have surely come out by now if they were here.

------------------------

 A/N Thanks for reading! This is my first story in general so I'm pretty much learning as I go, but I hope it wasn't too bad and I hope you liked it! I'll try to update regularly and write longer chapters in future too, but see you next chapter!