Chapter 1 ·|· Holding on

Something's broken

                can never be fixed.

Time can't heal all things either.

Lauren's POV

Everything had changed. Turning up side down the life you once had. Because of me.

My own father, turning down being the alpha of shadow moon pack. Never knowing you could. Either you were alpha or not.

Only one thing. Something not one person would do. The only way to turn away from being the alpha, leader was to turn away from the entire pack itself.

Becoming a rouge.

Having no pack. No family.

My father decided he could and would do this seeing the ones who he loved and care about would go with him. His mate, my mother. Karen. My dad is Adam. My sister Casey and myself.

So, picking up everything we had.

We left our pack. The only family we had. Leaving for Canada was the hardest I'd seen any of us feel because me.

Yes, I blamed myself.

It was my fault even though everyone said it wasn't that night.

"It is because of you. But, not of what you did. This happened because you will always be protected. Moving was what was best. Be glad your father is giving you a new start"

My wolf Adrian snarled in anger towards my self pity.

She started to whimper.

I'm sorry she said.

Bam!!

                *Flash back*

"Lauren, we can make this easy or .. hard" He smirked.

"Drink from this and feel something or drink none kitten and you will feel everything"

I hated the way he slurred the word kitten.

I reached for the cup and drank.

Tears streaming, pouring down my face.

He only turned on his heels and laughed.

As the flash back was over, I was thankful. Slowly falling to my knees. I sobbed on the bathroom floor.

I'm sorry Lau, I tried to bl.. block it.

There in that bathroom, I didnt cry alone. Adrians sobbed, her growling turning into something louder than my own. I could only hear her crying. I became aware of how much this pained my wolf.

I often forget that she had to watch and feel everything I did.

I know you would have protected me if it wasn't for the wolfspane in that tea Adrian.

She stopped crying all at once.

I would have ripped their hearts out She snarled and growled.

Hearing foot steps, I rose to my feet.

"Lauren, are you okay?" Words coming from my baby sister.

Hell to the no. I'm not okay.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a sec. Kay?" I replied, lying.

[[ Hey guys!! Hope you're liking this new book. ^-^

Please give me a star and comment.

As always thanks for reading and support!! ]]

♥ Echo xo