.✮。• *₊°。 ☆°。 1 .✮。• *₊°。 ☆°。

╔═════ ═════╗

A/N
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the story and thank you so much for reading! Just thought I should let you know, this story contains a little bit of profanity and a minor amount of homophobic and discriminative language. Also, it deals with some non-canon ships as well as canon. Such as Mileven (Mike and Eleven) BUT also Byler (Mike and Will). Please be respectful of this and do not send hate in the comments. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!!!

╚═════ ═════╝

She stared upward at the dusty rose walls surrounding her as daylight poured through the openings of her curtains. She hadn't gotten any sleep last night.

She heard a knock at her door followed by a gentle voice, "April sweetie? Rise and shine, it's time to get up."

April listened to the clip clop of heels walking away from her door before She lifted herself up from her bed with weak muscles. She looked around her room, disgusted. As things always were when They first moved to a new place, her room was overflowing with boxes. Work that she would have to take care of later only to place it all back in the boxes again a few months later.

April dragged herself to the closet where she threw on her black sweater with a rainbow stripe along her bust and continuing through her arms. She tucked it tightly underneath her jeans and then pulled it out, just a little bit, to loosen it up. She opened the door from her room and stood in the middle of the hallway. Her mother must have already left for work. Her 16 year old sister, Leah, was sitting at the table eating a peanut butter jelly sandwich. Across from her on the other side was another sandwich sitting with a glass of orange juice. April looked back at her sister and cocked her head to the side.

"What's this?"
Her sister blushed red and looked away. "I just thought... you might like it. I know you don't really like first days of school. You don't have to eat it."
April smiled to herself as she took a seat across from her sister. "Thanks."

...

Her dirty converse's clicked on the sidewalk as she walked to school in no rush, whatsoever. She began to see it in the distance and the swarm of kids that surrounded it in the courtyard. Already, she had been receiving the usual stares of what she liked to call "the-new-girl-effect".
'Ugh shit, here we go again.' She thought to herself.

As she approached the yard she followed the drill. Her grip on her backpack strips tightened and she lowered her head to the ground avoiding eye contact at all costs. She could already feel the stares and whispers and she just gritted her teeth in anger. She was about to buck it into the school but just as her hand touched the handle, her backpack was yanked backward and thrown to the ground. She gagged as her whole body flew onto the pavement. She could hear laughter coming from every direction

When she looked up in fear she noticed two boys giving her smug looks one had bangs hanging over his eyes and his face was covered in freckles. The other took the vibe of his little sidekick though he was bigger than him and taller.

"Look who we have here? New girl." The taller one said with a sneer.
"New girl? Ha!" The freckled one spoke. "More like new boy."
The kids surrounding them laughed as April blinked back tears. "What do you want?" She choked.

Freckles laughed. "Look at her hair."

April lifted her hand to touch it but it was just like her normal style. Chin length and clipped to the side with a hair clip.

"And her cloths. Geez dude, what are you trying to catch the eye of? Other girls?" That sent a riled up laugh throughout the group of kids.
"W-what are you talking about?"
Again, they didn't answer and just continued to make fun of her.

The freckled one spoke again, this time to his friend. "Yo, dude, she fits in perfectly with the freak show!"
He laughed. "Hell yeah."
"We gotta come up with a name for her."

At his moment, both the boys turned back to her observing. She knew what would happen next. She would get a nasty, stupid little name and the rest of the school would tease her with it and shove her into lockers and the teachers wouldn't do anything about it because they didn't get paid for it. So she just stood, silent waiting for her name to be called so she could leave.

"Tommy." The freckled bully said. The kids around her laughed loudly.

April rolled her eyes avoiding tears. "Thanks dad." She said sarcastically and pushed her way through the crowd while they chanted "Tommy" again and again.

As her handle reached the door, she was interrupted yet again. A soft hand grabbed her wrist and she whipped her head around in anger. A boy stood in front of her, about the same height only she was a little bit taller. He had bangs of light, Fawn brown hair that practically swept all the way around his head like a bowl. His earthy-green eyes stared at her deeply with sympathy. As tears began to escape from the back of her eyelids, she yanked her wrist away from him and slammed the door shut, locking herself in the girl's bathroom until the bell rang.

-haiiiii! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!! Lemme know any suggestions for what should happen next! Bai!