Epilouge

As I ran to the guild, through a local forest, I noticed that there was a rusty old sword that had gotten stuck in a tree stump. I stopped so I could inspect it and I discovered that there were gems in the hilt! Being an adventurer, I figured I could sell it for a few Mythril. As I counted the profits I smelled a monster nearby, a wendigo to be specific.

But what I didn't realize was that the blade was made of Mythril. I started to pull the sword from the stump, and when I finally got it out it, was a sword of great quality and detail. When I brandished the blade it had been restored! I'll look at the blade when I get to the inn. Now to face the monster that has been stalking me. As I turned to face it I smelled a putrid scent coming from the monster.
The Wendigo is an undead beast that is relatively strong, so I decided to test the blade I found. As I took my stance the beast suddenly charged. Luckily for me, I trained under the King's guard. As for the sword, I am calling it [Aetherius]. My new blade suddenly started to glow and shudder violently. As I added my own magic power it began to calm and become sharper. As the wendigo rushed to attack, I swung [Aetherius] and decapitated it. Due to the fact I did not hit the core, it got right back up and was a little less coordinated. When I struck again I heard the core get hit. As I looked again the wendigo had dissolved and the core was intact.

When I went to pick up the core the sword glowed even stronger than before. As I put the sword next to the core, the core suddenly flew into the blade! When I opened my eyes the core was gone and I heard a voice. When I looked it said, "Down here! I am trying to speak to you!" when I found the voice, it was the sword speaking to me. "So what is your name?" The sword asked. "My names Fenrir. What's yours?" I asked kindly. "[Aetherius]. It is the name you gave me, as the one to return function to me." "Okay... so what are you?" I inquired. Aetherius responded with, "I am a sword from centuries ago when the land was filled with war and hate. My Wielder sealed me in a temple, however, the temple was destroyed and looted. No one wants a rusty sword if it can't be used or cleaned, but you saw a blade that could be used or sold when restored." It said. "Oh. That must have been horrible, sitting there for centuries watching people die and the world age." I said slightly depressed. "Let's head to the guild so I can complete my quest and then, we can talk more when we get to the room." I said.