Meine Liebe

• Dédié à my fantasy killer, Hush Blane

The smell of blood and rotting meat filled the air and the sound of whimpering was the only sound that could be heard within the silence. A certain darkness consumed the place; a darkness that kept one from seeing two feet ahead of them. “Hush? Is that you?” called out a voice from the darkness. This voice was shaky with fear and the words were warily spoken. That whimpering sound soon faded after the voice and heavy, fast, breathing ensued. “Stay away from me and Teddy! He is in a better place now! He loves me!” shouted a feminine voice. It came from where the breathing sound was coming from in the darkness. There was one small light, creaking as it swayed just feet above the head of a red haired woman covered in blood sitting by a skinned corpse. The light illuminated the area around her; this woman was the only figure that could be seen in the building. A porcelain hand was rested upon the head of the body, a teddy bear held close to her torso with the other.

“I’m only here to help you,” said that same voice that called into the darkness. The slender frame of Kallie Cadece, also known as Mhaire to Hush Blane, stepped closer to Hush who sat with the human body. “Why would you help me? You should help yourself by running.” The azure eyes of Hush flicked up from the falling to pieces teddy bear she held and up to the face of Mhaire. That dazed and confused look that was upon the other woman’s features was priceless. Maybe she would have to frame it. The hand that was once upon the head of the body moved over to a loosely tied military boot. Her fingers wrapped themselves around the handle of a boot-knife that had fine incisors lining each side. She slipped it from her boot with ease and pushed herself up against the wall, her hair falling back against her shoulders as she took a step forward towards Mhaire.

“Please, Hush, It wasn’t supposed to happen. It was a one night stand,” Mhaire protested, standing stiffly still. Hush shook her head and raised the hand with the knife in it, keeping the teddy bear close. As she neared her, Mhaire backed up ever so slowly with caution.  Hush’s arm whipped forward to let the knife slip across the pathetic layer of skin that kept Mhaire from bleeding out and dying. The sound of gagging rose into the air when the cut was made. “I never thought that I’d have to ask you this, meine Liebe.. satin or silk?”