𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 / 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺.

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

the day was over and [name] stood underneath the cherry blossoms alone. she brushed non-existent dirt off her [skirt/pants/shorts/dress] and fiddled with her fingers. she felt her cheeks heat up as she recalled her moment with ikuya when they won the relay.

'[name].' speak of the devil, here he was. she turned and smiled, looking at his shoes as they approached each other. they rubbed their arms sheepishly and the [eye colour]-eyed girl tensed when ikuya reached his hand out. she felt his fingers run through her hair and she looked at him through her lashes. 'you had a petal stuck in your hair.'

'thank you...' she mumbled, tucking a stray strand behind her ear. she noticed ikuya's longing gaze and she sighed, straightening her back. he hummed in confusion at her sudden change in posture. 'ok, um... i've been meaning to tell you that-'

'you like me?' ikuya asked hopefully. 

'how did you know?' she wondered, hiding her face in her hands.

'i didn't... it was wishful thinking,' he admitted.

[name] laughed lightly. 'well, you were right, so...'

the awkwardness between the 2 was unbearable for asahi as he hid in the bushes. he whispered orders under his breath, though neither ikuya or [name] heard him. they fell silent, unsure of how to progress with the newfound information.

'did you want to go out sometime?' ikuya questioned shyly. [name] brightened and smiled, gripping his hand and nodding. she leaned in and kissed him gently, the taste of chlorine lingered subtly on her lips. 

'i'd like that.'

'finally!' asahi exclaimed, rising from his place in the bushes.

'don't spy on us!' the couple cried.