My Friend Deigo

I looked down at the pregnancy test in my hand. It read a word that sent a shiver down my
dark Mexican spine. Positive. " Buenos Noches!" I yelled, thumping my dark Mexican head on the bed. " Ugh. I guess there's nada I can do."  I said. " I'm having my love's baby." I didn't even care. Deigo was my best is my best friend, and I was honored to have his baby. But what about my boyfriend? What would Swiper think? would he be angry? he was my boyfriend of 17 years. If he were angry, I couldn't live.  I glanced around my bedroom in my small Damascus apartment. The bombings had destroyed most of the apartments in Damascus and all over the rest of Syria so I was forced to move here. I was so proud of Swiper for fighting for the Syrian army. He had managed to take back the capital of Syria, where we lived. But I could never abandon Deigo, even though he fought for ISIS. I gazed at the picture of Swiper on my dresser. 

  "Te Amo

  "Te Amo." I moaned into my pillow. I loved him, but what did it mean If I was pregnant with another man's child?  I breathed in, changed into my Burka, and walked out to Deigo's house. If I were going to tell, Swiper, I needed to tell Deigo first. I put on Mint Green Burka and went to his house.