Strider Be Mine

(Dirk's POV) I started the day with my usual binge watch of My Little Pony. Then I ate my breakfast, and lazed around as I do every other day. The only thing that was different was the fact that my brother was in his room listening to Metal. He only ever listens to metal when he's angry or depressed or feels lonely. Suspecting it was one of the former two, I went in his room to make sure he wasn't breaking things or sad. He looked up at me with a shithead pissy expression, and I almost decked it out of there. But, he got up and slammed the door shut behind me. "Hey, Bro.~" He murmured, wrapping his arms around me. "D-Dave, are you okay?" It was a second after I said this that I smelt the booze on his breath and clothes. "Yeah, Bro. *Hic* I'm fine! Just a little dizzy, is all..." He responded, snaking his hands up my shirt. It took all I had to pry his hands off my chest, but I managed to get him to let go. "Dude you reek of beer. You need water, and rest." All that sentence got out of him was a chuckle, as he stepped closer to me. "Don't make me strife you when you're drunk, that wouldn't be fair!!" I yelled, dodging his attempt to tackle me. "Come on, bro! Have some fuuuuun~!!" He cooed, as I ran out the room, and locked his door shut. He was pounding on the door, but I refused to let him out.

(Time Skip To The Next Morning) "Hey... Dave? Are you okay??" The only response was a muted groan, indicating his first hangover. "Bro... Everything hurts... I'm thirsty...." He mumbled, and I unlocked the door, a bottle of water and pain pills in hand. "Hey, Buddy. Not fun having a hangover, is it?" He grunted, slowly getting up off the floor. "Ha ha. So funny. Of course it isn't!!" I handed him the water, and made him take the pain pills. "Thanks, Bro. Hey... did I do anything last night? It's all fuzzy." I flinched, and instead of telling him what happened, I told him all he did was vomit and pass out. He smiled at that. "So uncool." As I stood, and stepped out the room, he murmured to me, "Love you, Bro." I closed the door, and drapped my arm over my eyes. "That's funny. You wouldn't say that if you knew how I felt."