Disney Detention (Fanfic Contests)

This is a book written for Fanfic Contests. The contest was called 'Disney Rebel', and this was my take on the prompt. The main characters are based on Sarah Sanderson (Hocus Pocus), Vidia (Disney Fairies), Charlotte La Bouff (Princess and the Frog), and Megara (Hercules). They may be odd choices, and they are certainly not the first girls you think of when you think of Disney, but that's why I chose them. They deserve a chance to shine- a chance to show off their rebellious side.

___

If you go deep enough in someone's mind, heart, and soul, you'll find the rebel in them. While some people can plaster a smile on their faces and hide their rebellious side, some people are just more open about it.

Like my friends and me. We're rebels, and nobody ever suspects that we actually care. They are under the impression that we are heartless monsters. They always forget that we're people too, with emotions and feelings. We just hide them better than the average person.

I know, I know, it's surprising to know that someone related to witches- someone who actually could be a witch- could actually care about stuff.

Yeah, I'm related to witches. Well, they call themselves witches, in any case. They practice black magic, but I'm almost entirely convinced that it's all fake. My oldest sister, Winnie, had to drop out of college to take care of my other sister and me. She runs the house with an iron fist, just like Mom did. But she and my other sister, Mary, who is still in high school, love to stay up late, reading spells from a book one of my Mom's old friends had given Winnie when she was 4. Whenever something strange happens, they blame it on the magic.But they don't just talk like this to me. They talk about spells and witchcraft non-stop, so everyone in town knows about the strange Sanderson sisters.

My sisters are probably going to take over the world someday. I just hope they don't use me to do it.

You must be wondering why I would be a weapon. You see, I have a good singing voice. A fantastic singing voice- not to brag, of course. People have been known to do strange things and follow me around when I sing. My sisters call it my "gift," but I just think it's a coincidence. Sometimes though, I wonder if they're right.

And I hope with all my might that they're wrong.

The rest of my friends aren't like me- well, they don't have two witch sisters, at least.

They all have their quirks, but they're my friends. In fact, they're like my family. I honestly couldn't live without them.

...

I tapped my pencil against my blank sheet of notebook paper. I was supposed to be listing all the things I would do over the long weekend, but I wasn't interested in writing down what my sisters would be up to. And I'm sure my teacher doesn't want to learn about the witchcraft and the dark magic I was engulfed in every time I stepped into my house. After all, who would?

"Now class," the teacher, Mr. Yensid said, "I'm very interested in reading all of your responses. All of them." He shot me a look, and I got the gist. I leaned over my paper and scribbled a sentence or two about how I would spend time with my sisters, just like every weekend. I didn't mention anything about witches, of course.

Mr. Yensid walked toward me, his eyes blazing, shoes clomping against the tiles on the floor. I tensed up, ready for him to say something about the little effort I put into my fantastic paper, but he walked right past me.

"Ms. Vidia," he said, his voice threatening and harsh, "have you decided that you are too good for this assignment?"

I turned around in my chair. One of my best friends, Vidia, her black combat boots propped up on the empty desk next to her, popped her gum lazily and tucked a stray black hair behind her ear. Her paper was blank, and she didn't even have her pencil out. "Did you say something?" She pulled out one of her earbuds, a lopsided grin spread across her face.