True love, somehow, died.

My supervisor handed me a letter and he gave me a warm smile, "Due to your diligence and loyalty to this company. We have decided that you deserve a vacation." I was shocked with the news that I have just received. I slowly peeled the envelope and it revealed a plane ticket going to California for 2 weeks. "What is this?" Raising my eyebrow as I picked a card. It has a blue color all over its place. "That will be your pocket money, Ray. As I have said, a while ago. You deserved this." All I did was to help my co-worker with their task and assignment and made sure that we all complied before the deadline nigh upon us. I was flattered that my eyes started becoming extra, producing dew in both.

       I was walking on the pavement, still in awe that I will be leaving tomorrow night. I've been working for that company for almost six years. I upheld what I have told them when they screened me before hiring me. I was glad that I was accepted with a warm smile and a merry hugs. I grab my key in my side pocket and inserted it. I entered my flat, threw my keys on the aisle and grab myself a beer can. As I sat down and became comfortable, I felt a vibration emitting from my other pocket, I dove my hand into it. I was fishing my phone and took it out. It was my best friend from California calling me for a video chat. I clicked the green symbol and here goes nothing.

       "Ray!!!" She chirped that made me cringed and covered my ears with my empty hand. "For goodness sake, Layra. Don't do that again." I groaned in pain and she gave me a playful death glare. She was there when we both took lessons in martial. It was strange that we have this palpable passion being an assassin but we both agreed that it should only between us. We never took any job in that profession; we just like the idea of it but not the action. "I heard you're coming here for vacation?" She gave me a Cheshire grin and I nodded. "How did y- Never mind?" I sigh in defeat and started walking towards my room. I have to pack because I was going to leave early tomorrow morning. I grab my suitcase and started folding my clothes, putting it in a chronological order. I kept glancing at the phone to make sure that I was giving attention to what my best friend was rambling about.

       "Ray, are you okay?" I snapped out of my thought about my previous relationship that didn't have any proper disclosure. I shrugged and kept on doing 'til I finish. I grabbed the phone and headed towards to the bathroom. There, she started using her unique voice that caught my attention. "Ray Oliver, I am talking to you." Her voice was stern. It was almost mother-like action. I gave her a confused look and she rolled her eyes at me. "You know what, bitch? Just do your thing. I'll pick you up when you get here." I forwarded my itinerary to her and we both bid farewell. I hung up the phone and played my playlist of Sleeping At Last songs. I washed my body. I stepped out and dried my body with a towel and threw it in a hamper. I threw my body on the bed making me bounce for a while and soon after I closed my eyes. I already drifted into my slumber.

       I was awakened by my alarm clock. I stretched my body and groaned before jolting my body into sitting, rubbing my eyes. I blinked for a few times and started putting clothes on. I grabbed my suitcase and went to the door. I checked and everything was with me. I locked the door behind me and called a cab. I was dropped at the airport. A lady assisted me to where should I head and I gladly followed. Are airports always this busy? I looked around and saw the gateway. I handed my ticket and my passport and they greeted me, I smiled back and entered the plane. I found my seat and took it. I laid my back, plugged my earphones in both ears and played music.

       "Sir, we have already arrived in California. Please gather your things and be prepared to leave the plane." The flight attendant gave me a reassuring smile and I peeked outside of the window. We already landed and probably, Layra was already outside of this airport, with her hand crossed on her breast and her foot hitting the ground, signs of becoming impatient. 'lo and behold, as I exit the doorway, there she was. Exactly on how I imagine her. Her eyes were roaming around, searching for me. I smirked and I was contemplating whether to hide from her and scare her but even before I could move. She found me, Oh god. Not that smile!!! I mentally prepared myself. I let go of my suitcase and found myself in my stance to defend myself. She was about to kick me but instead, giving me a banging hug. I screeched in pain.