𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 / 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬.

note: this does not relate to the original plot in any way 

╭─────────╮

╰─────────╯

╰─────────╯

10 years passed at lightning speed. 

ikuya held the medal in his hand and sighed, tucking it away into his pocket as he approached [name]. he made eye-contact with haru and makoto as they walked the opposite direction. the pair nodded in acknowledgement, smiles filled with pity.

'hey, [name]. remember the time we first met? well, we technically met at the opening ceremony in middle school, but in class, you refused to accept my silence. at the time, i was annoyed, but 10 years later, i'm glad you made me talk.' ikuya's lips pulled into a smile at the memory. 'you scared me so much when you fainted after visiting nao in hospital. i thought you died for a moment. now that i think about it, i was just as stupid as asahi for thinking i didn't need friends.' the man pulled the medal from his pocket. 'i won breaststroke today, i hope you're proud of me.'

asahi stared at his childhood friend with tears lining his eyes. it hurt to hear him talk to her still.

'it would be our 10 year anniversary today, so i guess i was wondering if...' the brown-eyed boy pulled a velvet box from his pocket as he switched the medal. 'if you would do me the honour of being my wife?' he opened the box with shaky hands, kneeling in front of the girl. a silver-banded ring sat inside, donned with a teal gem that reflected fragments of teal and rainbows onto the surroundings.

she didn't respond. after all, gravestones can't talk.