Chapter one: Cotton Candy

^^^Loren Gray as Sage Johnson^^^

————————

CHAPTER ONE: COTTON CANDY

"Welcome class to the last day of your junior year. Congrats on being six hours away from surviving the rollercoaster of a school year this was!" Mrs Turnbald said with pleasure

I had to agree with her, this year had been a year I will always remember... and not because it was amazing. Sure there were good points but mostly the year was torturous. There were unnecessarily big fights, a lot of friendships broke apart, parents divorced, students dropped out, and a lot of other overly dramatic things.

After my mom divorced my dad and left saying, and I quote, "don't worry sweetie, we'll get you moved in with me soon!" My dad asked his mistress to move in with us- bringing her disease of a child with her. I tried to ignore the both of them but after four months and not hearing a word from my mom I just stopped minding, I didn't try to get along with them but if they talked to me I'd at least acknowledge them and maybe reply.. which I guess made my dad happy to see I was making progress?

The mistresses kid was my age and of the opposite gender- the worst part of it was that I already knew him. He was one of the most popular guys in my school, he was on every sports team while also being with almost every girl in the entire city. To say he was smart was an extreme overstatement; if you asked him to name off three elements on the periodic table he'd look at you and yell 'soccer!' Like that's the only thing he understands. Him and his mother shared a lot of the same attributes, they both had topaz blue eyes with smooth tanned brown skin- they were born and raised in Fresno, California -to go with the skin and eye combination, they had ashy blonde hair, his moms always being slicked back in a small bun at the nape of her neck and his being shaved at the sides and slicked back at the top. The only visible difference between the two was their height, where he stood a mighty 6'5 she only reached 5'2. She always wore something that screamed "I have money and I'm a cheating bitch!" Mind my profanity. She'd wear neutral coloured pencil skirts and blazers matching it with a Gucci belt, and a Louis Vuitton bag then of course she'd be wearing the overly expensive black stilettos. Her son would be wearing some off-white shirt with a pair of black jeans matching that also with a Gucci belt, then of course to hold the look together he'd wear his yeezys.

If you asked me I'd say they tried too hard.

"Ms Johnson, I understand it's the last day but you still have to pay attention." Mrs Turnbald sighed pulling me out of my thoughts

"Sorry Mrs Turnbald, I was just thinking of how much I was going to miss you over the holiday, you are my favourite teacher after all." I smiled innocently

Mrs Turnbald seems to buy my lie as she smiles genuinely "I'm honoured to be your favourite teacher, Sage, but you still have to pay attention. We don't need another Liam." She turned her head with a scowl on her face to my step brother who was practically eating the skin off the head cheerleaders face "Mr Johnson and Ms O'Neil!"

They break apart and my step brother turns to the teacher with a smirk plastered on his face

"Awe don't be jealous Mrs Turnbald. Next summer I won't be a student anymore and you can have me all to yourself." He said

Cue my incurable sickness- I swore I could've thrown up with all the things he has said to this poor teacher

Mrs Turnbald on the other hand looks awfully shocked and speechless at his hit

"That's if you pass." I broke the silence the classroom had fell into

I turned my head back to my step brother who gave me a nasty look "shut it Sage." He growled