Preface

W E L L H E L L O T H E R E !

What an honour that you've decided to click on this book an probably read it. I've been around here on Wattpad for almost three years now, and I still find it special to see how many people read my books, and I'm very thankful for this. Perhaps you've read more books of mine, perhaps this is your first time seeing my profile or reading a book of mine. I don't care which one it is, every single one of you is welcome!

A B O U T "P R O M ?"

This book is the second book I've written in English. This book is — just like "Freeway" — a short story, because I'm scared my English isn't good enough to write big stories like my most famous book "20 leerlingen in één klas" (20 pupils in one class) or even bigger, "20 seconden met één jongen" (20 seconds with one boy). But I enjoyed writing in English anyways and wanted to give it another short — besides, it can actually help me with improving my English. My readers seemed to have enjoyed my first English short story, so I came up with a new one, different from what I've written before. And I hope everyone will enjoy this story as much as the other one(s).

U P D A T E S

I'm not sure when the updates will be, this being the third book I'm writing at the moment. The updates probably will be completely random.

F O R   M Y   S P E C I A L   O N E S

I want to dedicate this book to the people who've been supporting me for as long as I can remember. They are very special to me and I can't imagine what Wattpad would be without them. Without these incredible people, this book probably wouldn't have existed. I want to dedicate it to the people who've requested this kind of story of me, too. I want to keep it a little surprise what I exactly mean with "this kind of story", but they will know what I am talking about as soon as the book ends and these people will know that I meant them. I hope I please them with this book.

Happy pride month!

S Y N O P S I S

Everybody is always overhyped about Prom, but I simply couldn't care less. The one I wanted to go with, already seemed to have a date anyways. So what is the point?

Q U O T E S

'You are the love that came without a warning; you already had my heart before I could say no.'

- Ymke Rare, "Prom?"

'Although life's a mess and I looks like it is only getting worse, you shouldn't give up and always try to make the best out of it — no matter what.'

- Ymke Rare, "Prom?"

J U S T   S O M E    E X T R A   I N F O R M A T I O N   A N D   C H I T T E R C H A T T E R

• I'm a Dutch girl from the Netherlands and I'm 95% sure that half of my English is self thought by watching English series, movies, YouTube videos and reading English books. Therefore I think my English isn't perfect, but it is always worth a (second) try. The grammar probably wont be too great, but I'm trying my best! Besides that, there might be a chance that I use both British and American words throughout this book, but that is because I watch British and American series and on top of that learn the British version of English at school, but have an American teacher. This will probably look weird, words mixed up, for example: rubbish, litter and trash; lift and elevator, but I simply do not know which one is British and which one is American. You may point out any mistakes, but please; be sure to bring it politely and not to be rude. And do not make it the only comments you leave behind, that makes it seem as if I only can do things wrong, and that isn't particularly motivating.

• I don't want anyone to copy this pice of work in any way possible. Of course, there are many stories written about the high school prom, but it will really stand out if you steal someone's story. This is plain disrespectful, so please, don't even think about copying my story.

• No self promoting, this something that is disrespectful too in my eyes. Most writers aren't kind on this anyways.

• If you're rereading this book after I've finished writing it and you've finished reading it, please try not to spoil anything. This way it will al still be a surprise for the new readers. You wouldn't really like it either if someone spoiled the end of a book to you, so try to keep it in, please.

That was all I had to tell you for now. I hope you will enjoy this book!

- rare Ymke (IEMKE)

Prom?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें